Thursday, April 25, 2013

How we roll these days.

I have started a new laundry routine.

 photo TessaLaundryDay-0309_zps757e7d21.jpg

Our laundry room is in the basement of our house. 

I call it the deep dark dungeon. 

That means I am hauling laundry up and down two flights of stairs. 

It was time to enlist the help of the kids.

 photo TessaLaundryDay-0308_zps89a221b5.jpg

I did this for my own sanity, but also to help teach our kiddos.

I started separating the kids clothes into their own baskets once it was washed.

 photo TessaLaundryDay-0306_zpsb6d0d06c.jpg

Then it is placed in their room, and they are responsible to fold it and put it away.

Mind you, I still hang everything that needs hanging.

I do that as soon as it comes out of the wash.

The kids have underwear, pajamas, pants and socks to fold.

I even taught this little one how to fold.

 photo TessaLaundryDay-0313_zps7e0f18bd.jpg

At first, I felt so guilty for asking them to help me.

Then I realized that was silly.  They wear these clothes. 

It is important for them to learn to be helpers.

Helping with a smile is such a good character trait.

It has helped me so much.

It only takes the kids 5 to 10 minutes.

It was taking me 1 hour or longer to fold all the laundry.

Like I always say, many hands make light work.

I appreciate the help of my little ones.

I am thankful that they are so helpful.

 photo TessaLaundryDay-0311_zps928944e1.jpg

I love seeing this little one do it with a smile.

Helping others is how we roll.

8 comments:

Colleen said...

so cute! I think it's an excellent idea. my daughter has helped at times and she is so proud after she finishes it.

Unknown said...

totally practical to enlist help! :)

Amanda Jayne said...

I love this idea! I am a new reader-how old are your kids? Mine are 4, 2, and 8 mo. I'm wondering how soon I start this with them!

Kathy@mishmashmom said...

Adorable! Send them to my house next. :)

Creative Cole said...

Love it! In fact, just a month ago...as I was clenching my teeth because I couldn't keep up on the endless cleaning of the kitchen and front room (that EVERYONE sees as they walk into my house). I decided to do a 15 minute clean-up every night before scriptures and prayers. We crank up the music really loud and go to cleaning. The kids are even ok and happy to do it, just like your laundry idea. It helps everyone...mom (with endless things to do) and kids (learn the value of work). Love it! And bonus: I am not clenching my teeth anymore :)

Krysta said...

What a great teaching moment! Tessa looks so cute helping.

KW said...

She is looking so big in all these pictures!

Leslie Posey said...

when did that sweet girl grow up?? she is so big!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails