Monday, July 28, 2008

{A tribute to my favorite JEANS!!}


Oh, how I have missed these jeans. It has been such a long time since I have been able to squeeze my behind in to them. December of 2006 was the last time that these wonderful jeans were on my body. NOT ANY MORE!!!

After much sacrifice, and hard work.... I am wearing them. I don't just mean squeezing myself into them(with my gut hangin over them, and pretending like they fit...like I have done every month, and then take them off because they are squeezing my gut, and giving me a muffin top) But now, I am really wearing them, with comfort included.
I have lost 5 1/2 more pounds, and I am so excited. I was also able to wear a skirt to church last week that hasn't seen the likes of me in a LONNNNG... time.

The funny thing about this pair of jeans is that I got them for FREE from a friend. When we lived in the Caribbean I lost all of my baby weight from Stella, and had nothing to wear. My friend had just bought these for $4.99 at target, and didn't love them on her. She was kind enough to send them my way, and they fit. My cute (really skinny) friend's jeans fit, and OHHH... I must say they fit me well. They are my all time favorite. So.. they came home with me from Saba, and adorned my body until pregancy #3.
FINALLY.... we have been reunited.

My weight loss journey is not finished 5-10 pounds to go, depending on how I feel when I get there. However, it was so wonderful to reach this milestone.

18 comments:

Stephanie & Brad Bishop said...

Feels so good to reunite with a good pair of jeans! Congrats.

Tara said...

You are so funny! And you give me hope! Congrats on making it back into your jeans -- progress like that is hard earned!! I bet you look fantastic!

Alison Woods said...

Wow! That's terrific! I know how good that feels, having done it three times! I'm on the other end right now, getting fatter and fatter by the minute. Ugh.

Leila said...

Wow! Congratulations! I was in my "skinny" jeans for about a month and then lost focus. They are now waiting patiently again in the back of the closet. I just started weight watchers online yesterday, so wish me luck!!

Lets see a picture of you IN the jeans!!

Calli Potter said...

Congrats! It's always good motivation to hear about other's success!!

Fords said...

Yeah!! Congrats - how are you doing it?

Bre said...

You are too funny! But I really know how it feels to have that favorite pair jeans! At least they are not just worn out and you still just have a goal to fit in them! GOOD JOB, I must add though that I thought you looked great before:) ANd now I am just getting bigger and bigger and getting farther away from fitting in my favorites:( the babe will be worth it though, it just takes SO dang long to get back to normal for me!

Emily said...

Way to go! I think I remember those jeans . . . they fit you really well! Compliments of Denise? It is such an amazing feeling to fit back into your favorite clothes. I have more pounds to loose than I want to acknowledge, but I'm right there with you, WORKING MY BUTT OFF. :)

Stephanie said...

Way to go! It is such a fun feeling! You should show us a picture of you in those cute jeans! ;)

Eileen said...

Ditto on the "show us a picture." And a big FAT congrats!

I used something for my RS lesson from your blog. Thanks for being so helpful. I love your blog.

Jamie said...

Congrats! That is really so exciting! I am looking forward to the day I will be able to wear my skinny jeans, but I'm afraid it will be awhile;) You really are the cutest most creative person I know. I love looking at your blog, besides it kind of makes me feel a little bad about myself for being lazy lately..you are always doing the funnest things! I want to figure out digital scrapbooking SO bad, I have tried a little, but I don't think I am smart enough to figure it out! Any tips you'd like to share, I'm all ears!:)

Colt 'n Tami said...

WAHOOO YOU GO GIRL... YOU'VE ALWAYS BEEN SO TINY- SHEESH AND LOSING 10 LBS.

Colt 'n Tami said...

send me your email i'd LOVE to add you to my blog! They're SO fun! and yours ROCKS!!!
tbabe16@hotmail.com

Amber said...

Congrats, that is a great accomplishment. Especially after having 3 kids!

Jaron said...

I can't believe you've lost 5 more pounds since the last time I saw you! You skinny-mini! I've probably gained 5 since then. :-)

Alli said...

Way to go Andrea! There is nothing better in life then fitting into your favorite jeans. How are you liking your new place? Have you had any good storms yet? Just wait they get really good in the early spring.

Anonymous said...

I think it might be the best feeling in the world to fit into an old pair of jeans! Congrats!

Krysta said...

Congratulations! I know how bad you wanted to lose that last little bit of weight. I can't believe that your favorite jeans are hand me downs and they only cost barely over $4.00. You are so lucky!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails