Saturday, April 10, 2010

What I have learned Thursday(Saturday)

Where to begin?

After my recent visit to Utah, my head has been spinning.  For a long time it has been spinning with new ideas for crafts or my sewing machine.  Lately, it has been turning with thoughts on how to improve myself and my happiness.

Let me just say.  I AM HAPPY.

I would just like to be more HAPPY.

Wouldn't we all.

Where does Happiness come from?

How do we control our own happiness?

What can I do to control my happiness?

What makes me happy?

I have been doing some soul searching.

I am on a path to answer these questions.

Where does happiness come from?

I think Happiness begins with a knowledge of who you are.

I am beginning to fully realize the scope of what it means to be a daughter of God.

Happiness means being the daughter he wants me to be.

Accomplishing what he wants me to.

Listening, and speaking to him on a regular basis.

With this knowledge and understanding, I believe that we can be happy in any situation.  No matter how hard it may be.

Today, I am putting one foot forward to work on this.

I hope to begin each day in understanding of knowing who I am.  Asking what it is my Heavenly Father would have me do.  Then asking for help to accomplish it.

Our life is ever changing.  There is not to many things that remain constant.

God's love for us does.

How do we control our own happiness?

Prayer.  I think many prayers throughout the day can change many souls.

How can I control my happiness?

My new goal is love.  Showing more love and understanding to others.

And sacrifice, and my new understanding of sacrifice. 

I find myself getting so angry sometimes over the sacrifices that I am forced to make.  Mothers are constantly making sacrifices.

Just yesterday in prayer, I asked "why?, why must I always be the one to sacrifice?"

My answer came quickly and briefly.  "to understand what the Savior has gone through." 

His life was one big sacrifice.  Yet he managed to be so happy.

What makes me happy?

My family... yet they are also the ones that make me so furious at times.

I know that my happiness affects their happiness.

DSC_0094c

I am looking for ways to find more happiness in them.

I know that all the sacrifices in the world are worth their happiness.

I will stay home from events, have less money, miss exercising, share my chocolate, and stop what I am doing to listen to them. 

I will find a way to shut my brain off so I can fully enjoy them.  Time with them is happening now. 

I am positive that the Savior really stopped to listen.  This is a sacrifice I am willing to make.

I will find ways to share laughter with them.

I guess what I am trying to say is, "I am the only one who can decide to be happy about whatever situation I may be in, whether bad or good, hard or frustrating. I will be happy. I choose to be happy."

Where does your happiness lie?

8 comments:

Heather said...

Dido. "Happiness is the design & object of our existence." This is the beginning to my family's mission statement. It's what it's all about through the Savior.

It's a pleasure to meet you. Can't wait to learn & share more with (& from) you. :)

Krysta said...

It sounds like you have found some of your answers. I knew you would. :) I'm still trying to finish my soul searching, but right now it's prayer and scripture study that make me happy. I feel like things fall into place more and like a calmer, happier mother and wife. The days that I skip I can tell all the difference and that is a testimony builder for me.

Jaron said...

Remember how the Savior said that if we lose ourselves for His sake, it is then that we find ourselves? I have never been so buried in familiy life as I am here on Saba. (Because there's not much to do outside the home here!;-) ) I have never been so selflessly dedicated to family life as I am right now and I have never been so happy! Strange how the less I seek out "me," the more I find "me."

Brunson's said...

Thanks for this. I needed this.

Patty said...

Spoken so well. Happiness is a very worthy goal. I know you will find happiness serving your family and loving others, but it's still okay to take time for yourself every now and then. I am striving right now to be happy when life is not the way I want it or ever imagined it being. Best wishes! I miss you in Kansas.

KW said...

Good post. I liked it :)

Lorinda said...

lovely. I was just thinking today that it is OK to be fully immersed in your children and let them consume almost all of our time and ENJOY it because it is so fleeting. I'm trying to savor the moments too....and share my chocolate:) There will be more time for me later...

Tara said...

I love your Andrea-isms. :) These are a lot of the same things I've been thinking about lately - it's good to be reminded of the right answers. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails