Sunday, January 16, 2011

What I did this weekend.

Look what I accomplished.

I have the scrapbook bug.  I haven’t got this much done on my scrapbooks in quite a while.

Isaac Summer 2009 copy

Isaac summer 2009 2 copy

These pages are for Isaac’s personal book.  The book he will take when he leaves home.

Two year old birthday Isaac copy

Two year old birthday Isaac 2 copy

…and because I didn’t want to make them lug many many books when they leave I only scrap 5 spreads a year for each child.

Isaac Fall 2009 copy

Isaac Fall 2009 2 copy

Here is how I scrapbook:

Family books for me and Jonathan, with every memory and picture recorded.  I now even include my blog entries in these books.

Baby books from newborn to one for each of the kids.  I include these pages in our family album to keep for myself.

Season albums for the kids from one to college.

Season albums include:  A spread(meaning to pages adjacent to one another) for: summer, w inter, spring, fall, and birthday.  These pages highlight the most significant events for each season. This helps to cut down on the amount of scrapbooking I have to do.  I also had visions of handing my son’s new wife all his albums for the last 2 decades and watching her croak when she had to find somewhere to store them in her little newlywed apartment.  See, sometimes I do think ahead.

Winter Isaac 2009-2010 copy

Isaac winter 2009-2010 2 copy

Can you believe I got 4 spreads or 8 pages done?  I can’t.  My kids must have been really good this weekend.  Actually I planned ahead, and made sure they had something to do.  I will fill you in on what that was tomorrow.

For more information about what I use for scrapbook software click here.

8 comments:

KW said...

I got one page done this weekend. ONE!! Picasa was driving me crazy. This will help me with some ideas though. I seem to do the same thing over and over again, now I can just copy you.

Anonymous said...

Seriously, I love your approach to scrapbooking! I don't have kids yet, but I always wondered how I would handle who gets what page, ha! And I am so in love with your "Oh Happy Day" page. It is gorgeous!

Krysta said...

Looks like you had some fun! Cute, cute pages.

Lindsey Jensen said...

I love all of your pages!! Now I am so behind on 365 that I have to find time and motivation to catch up on all those pages!! Good job, they look amazing!!

Christi @ Writing the Waves said...

I LOVE the pages that you designed!

I have always wanted to do digital scrapbooking, but haven't ever learned. I know photoshop, so I keep thinking that it shouldn't be tooo difficult for me to learn.

I'm not sure how I would manage to do that AND blogging though! (I have a hard enough time updating my blog with any regularity! Trying to do better though! :)

christiswritingthewaves.blogspot.com

Jamie said...

Oh THANK YOU Andrea! After three years of trying to figure out digital scrapbooking, I finally kind of have it figured it out, and the past couple of weeks I have been sooo overwhelmed thinking HOW can you possibly scrapbook everything for each kid?! This is a great idea and helps me feel just a little less overwhelmed!:)

Hayley said...

Of course I remember you. I stop by and check on your fam now and then, what a gorgeous family you have! Glad to see you doing so well!

Tara said...

I love love love these! Where are you getting your cute kits?? I love the banners.

Related Posts with Thumbnails