Thursday, January 13, 2011

Birthday Gift Idea for 2011

I like to pick one birthday gift.  One idea that I have to come up with.  One time to go shopping.  One great idea that will be used.   Last year, it was aprons and cake mixes.

This is the little beauty that I came up with for this year:

Tray cr

Isn’t it cute?

I am loving that this will get used.  It is not some Barbie that will be put in a bin somewhere at the back of a closet only to be pulled out when a really good friend comes over.

I have picked several different cards and envelopes to choose from. 

cards cr  envelopes cr

I also love that this is an opportunity for kids to write and express.

notes cr

I also made some personalized stationary, and couldn’t resist adding some Monograms.

stationary cr  Monogram cr

A little bag of embellishments were necessary to adorn the envelopes.

 bagged cr   embellishments cr

  A little bit of ribbon never hurt anything.

Ribbon cr

This is what the tray looks like without all the embellishments.

empty tray cr

Isn’t it adorable.   Spray paint and scrapbook paper, and it will look adorable on a desk. 

I do believe I want one of my own now, and lets not even discuss how many times Stella has asked for one.

What are you giving for gifts?

I love giving gifts.  It is so fun to wrap it up and give it away.

wrapped cr

15 comments:

Christi @ Writing the Waves said...

What a great idea! Love your creativity! :)

emily said...

Very creative and personal! Love it!

Beth Curtis said...

dying! I LOVE this. You are so creative! I personally adore stationary. I can never have enough.

Anonymous said...

you are very creative andrea, can I be like you when I grow up.

katie@tulsadetails said...

I love this idea!!! It is so creative and personal, but you aren't running around at the last minute getting a gift. I love everything in it!

Unknown said...

I love it :) I want one too!!

Dave and Lindsay said...

I love how it turned out! Amazing!

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

I LOVE this idea! Super cute stuff and so fun. Just came across your blog from Katie (Tulsa Details) and love it! Your family is absolutely gorgeous. Look forward to following along! :)

Jenn said...

Super cute as always! You can bet that you will have the most unique gift always! Have a great weekend!

mama's smitten said...

So creative! And thouhtful... practical and pretty !

Lindsey said...

Andrea! My daugther went to Madison's party also! I had to laugh b/c after dropping mine off and recognizing Stella there (we went to preschool at GSFBC too), I said to my husband, "I can't wait to read what she made for a gift!" Impressive as expected! I wish you'd just open up a little shop already! Although I do appreciate your inspiration. My kiddos got magnet charts last week! Tokens to come! :) Thanks!

Bailey said...

Maddy LOVED this gift! It was perfect for her. She made all her thank you notes with it over the weekend!

Simply Domestic said...

Wonderful idea! Love the tray. What a lucky little girl who received this gift!

Stephanie & Brad Bishop said...

I love all the extra touches you give to each project you take on!

Christi said...

I love this idea. So creative and thank you for sharing. I pick up little things here and there with people in mind but this is a cute idea!

Related Posts with Thumbnails