Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Just a little idea...

We have about eight birthdays this month, and countless birthday parties to attend too.  I am trying to make gifts this month to save a little money.  This is what I came up with:

Birthday Apron

I made the apron with some fabric that I had laying around.  I add a cake or brownie mix, a little recipe and WA-LA;  a baking kit.

I love gifts like this.  I really like consumable presents, and then I don't have to find a home for it in the midst of my already too cluttered house.

Aprons

The aprons were easy.  It took me about 2 hours to make 5.  There are many patterns out there.  I made mine up.  Just a simple square of fabric with a few pleats and a long tube for the tie.  I made a simple pocket with a monogram.  I used my zig zag stitch for that.  Then I used bias-tape to outline the pocket.  SIMPLE SIMPLE.

I hope our friends will enjoy a day in the kitchen making a goodie.

OH HAPPY DAY!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

cute idea, and cute apron!

Alesa Larsen said...

What a cute idea. you could get a mixing spoon or measuring cups from the dollar store and put with it too. Very cute.

Michelle said...

So cute! I'm totally with you on the consumable gift thing. Your goal to learn more about sewing has definitely been achieved--you're doing awesome! :)

Brock and Kimber said...

What a fun project!!! BTW I would love a copy of your lists for the meal planning. brockrdavis@hotmail.com

Krysta said...

I'm stealing this. I'm going to use all of that extra fabric I have. Do you think I can do it? The friend who desn't really so? I'm going to call you for a mix idea.

Cyndi said...

LOVE THAT IDEA!! I too love gifts that can be used & not just thrown into the toy box...thanks for sharing!

Jerri-Lea said...

That's it!! Thanks. It'll be our birthday gift this year! Boy's party this weekend ~ I think I have a pattern around here for a chef's hat, print the birthday child's name on some iron on transfer to personalize it and we're good. I think he'll be happier with the hat rather than an apron.

Related Posts with Thumbnails