Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Food for thought.

I have been thinking about this quote by Anna Quindlen all week,

"The biggest mistake I made is the one most of us make... I did not live in the moment enough.  This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs.  There is one picture of the three of [my children] sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages six, four and one.  And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night.  I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed.  I wish I had treasured the doing a little more, and the getting it done a little less."

Just thought it might give you something to think about.

Don't forget to check out my Project 365.  I finally updated last week.  It was a little crazy around here.

4 comments:

KW said...

That quote was in the book mom gave us. Is that where you read it? I thought a lot about that quote too. I think it is good to slow down a little.

Eileen said...

I love your project 365! Seriously LOVE.

Simply Domestic said...

I love that quote. I will add it to one of my favorites. Thanks for sharing!

Krysta said...

I love that quote and think about it often. I know I will feel that way looking back when my kids are all grown. I just think about how my heart is going to hurt when I can't get back these moments I rush through.

Related Posts with Thumbnails