Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Q & A and one small project…

I have had several inquire about digital scrapbooking since my last post.  I am going to answer a few burning questions, and then I will leave you with one last paper project.

What software do I use?

I currently use Photoshop Elements 6.  That was what was available when I purchased and I have not upgraded yet.  I am moving to CS4 here in the near future.

Photoshop Elements is great for scrapbooking.

I am hoping to do more with my photography and that is why I will convert to CS4.

How much is Elements?

I paid $80 for it.  I bought it at Costco. 

You have to remember that it is a one time fee.  No more buying and buying and buying.

Is there any other software you use?

I use Picasa from google.  It is a free application.  I use it to house all of my product.  It makes searching for it so much easier.

How do I learn to digital scrapbook?

I was lucky enough to have a couple friend teach me.

Since that time I have referred to:

Jessica Sprague and her magazines for help.

My friend also has a great help website.

Where do you buy your supplies?

I have gotten a lot for free.  They are all over the place.

Two of my favorites:

Summertime Designs and Shabby Princess

My two favorite places to purchase:

Jessica Sprague and Shabby Miss Jen

How do I print them?

I use a site called blurb.com

It works completely offline, and prints in book format.

You must commit to an entire book this way.  I print one year at a time.(that is if I ever got them finished)

I just completed Isaac’s first year, and I am so happy with the product

Once you have arranged your book, you upload it to their site and click print.  It arrives within one week.

They are reasonably priced about $1.00-$1.50 per page

You can also upload your blog to this site, and they will make a book out of it.

Here is some eye candy to make you start thinking about going digital:

Tessa 4 months copy

Father and Son Deanna Rose

Sunday Photoshoot 1

Stella Fall 2008 1 copy

…and now the project.

Last Minute Teacher gifts

so easy:

Frames 2

Dollar store frames

Spray painted

white cardstock

punch out letters from the scrapbook store to make a monogram

paper clips from walmart

a little hot glue

tied up with a cute bow and one of those handmade thank you cards.

frames

SO EASY and CHEAP!!

6 comments:

KW said...

I am converted to digital. I finally finished our dating book and can't wait to print it. Right now I am just editing. Digital is the way to go...no mess!!!

Michelle said...

I just found your blog. I love when I find another crafty, happy mom who is also LDS! Our world can be so much smaller thanks to blogging. Anyway, so nice to meet you, love your blog and I will be back!

Krysta said...

I love your teacher gifts! They turned out so cute. I noticed the other day how Walmart had so many fun office supplies. Glad you put them to use.

Rachelle said...

Love this! I just got my folders this week to do the ABC summer..
I swear everything you do is gold! :)

terra @ willowsgrace.blogspot.com said...

What a neat idea. I think these would be great baby shower gifts. I am going to try to make one for my daughter's room. Too cute and so easy!

April said...

I just stumbled on your blog and I love it. We have a lot in common with living in older homes that sometimes have charm we don't like. LOL I also am new to digitla scrapbooking since my son was born in 2010. It is the only way to go. No mess to clean up! I am your newest follower too. I was wondering if you use a lot of free PSE templates for your pages or do you make them all from scratch?

Related Posts with Thumbnails