Saturday, July 25, 2009

I caught the decorator's bug...

Well, I guess you could say that I always have it.  It just went a way for a while.  That is why I have slacked at blogging some.  I have been doing some things in my room, and then doing new rooms for my kids.  I am not completely finished with the kids rooms.  However, I thought that I would give you all a

SNEAK PEAK!!

I hope this leaves you wanting more.  There are lots of pictures, but it is all the little Details.  The full scope of the rooms to come soon.

Boy's Room

Dream

My kids bunk beds were originally pine, but I wanted them black so I painted them.

DSC_0128

I found these pictures at an Antique store for $3 the date on the back says 1913.  My friend Paige also took some of them.

I painted their room a gray color.  It is hard to tell in this photo.

DSC_0129 copy DSC_0132 copy

Sweet Dreams.

Home

I will explain more in detail all that I did when I finish them up.  I am hoping by mid-week I will have some photos of the whole scope.

Girl's Room

Relax

Stella's Bed 

I found this green pin at an Antique store, and could not pass it up.  It adds so much.

Divine

Tessa's Bed

(oh by the way, we plan to name her Tessa)

DSC_0152

I found an old robe at an Antique store.  It was the perfect color of chenille fabric, and in great shape. I made the throw pillows, and this throw out of it.

DSC_0137 DSC_0138 copy

I have since added pink beads to this lamp shade.  I have two of these lamps that I found for a steal at an antique store, $16 for both.

DSC_0141

Homemade chandelier out of an old bird cage that I already had.  Christmas lights, a candle, and a lamp shade with a light kit.  I already had the shade, light kit and bird cage so this was CHEAP!!

DSC_0155

DSC_0140

Lots of glass knobs.  I used them to hang things, they are on Stella's Vanity.  Also on her curtain rod, and curtain tie backs.

DSC_0156 copy

DSC_0144

This is the baby's Changing Table.  It is the same on that I have used for all the kids, but I painted the baskets white.  I am also working on making this cover for the pad out of two towels that I found at TJ Maxx for $4. 

Well there you have it, a small preview.  I can't wait to show you the whole thing, and tell you about all the deals that I found.  It all just fell in to place with these two rooms. 

I hope you enjoyed your sneak peak.  I can't wait to show you what other changes have been going on around here.

Decorating is so addicting, and yet so relaxing at the same time.

13 comments:

Jacque said...

Can I please tell you that I am so jealous of your ability to decorate! Seriously! I can't wait to see how your rooms turn out. I love your house and I know that they are going to look AMAZING!

Dave and Lindsay said...

Way cute! I wish that I was able to have such creative ideas like you! It is so amazing that you find all of these good deals but then you know how to piece them together perfectly!

Carrie said...

love the rooms! they will be fabulous :) I hope to hear some background to Tessa's name. I like the name, I'm just sure you have reasons why it is your favorite. Glad you are feeling better and creating again.

Eileen said...

What a tease you are! I want the WHOLE of it. =)

Eileen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Looks wonderful!! Love the name Tessa!!

KW said...

Well I have mainly seen the full scope and they turned out adorable. I had the decorating bug at one point but then it never came back...kinda sad. Maybe one day when we get into a house and it is a blank canvas I will start up again.

Michelle said...

Gorgeous, Andrea! You are so talented!
Thanks for sharing your ideas. I love that you are so generous with them. Can't wait to see the whole picture. . . .

Krysta said...

Soooo cute! I agree with Eileen...enough teasing! I want to see the whole thing. :)

Jaron said...

You're so creative! You sure have real talent. And what energy!! ;-) You know I love a great deal - can't wait to hear more.

Jamie said...

Okay can you please show me the rest of the pictures NOW?!!! I LOVE it all! I am so happy that you share your decorating ideas! And I LOVE the name Tessa:)

Donna's Next Chapter Art said...

I love the sneak peek decorating. You definitely have your own style and I like it a lot!

Pam said...

so Cute!! I can't wait to see the whole thing!! Great ideas and very cute mirror in your bedroom, I love antiques too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails