Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Write it down.

The thankful tree is something that has been floating around blog land and Pinterest for quite a few years.

Thankful Tree-0334 

Our family often partakes in the ritual of hanging the leaves of gratitude on our makeshift tree.

Other years, we have written on placements that which we are thankful for.

Today, I share this with you not so you can see this idea for the umpteenth time; but to shed some light on why our family chooses to do it.

I am a firm believer in taking the time to recognize your blessings.

The greatest lesson I have learned from writing this blog is that it is important to write down your blessings.

Every moment I share here I consider to be a blessing.  My life, my family, my home, the little everyday moments, and my faith are among my greatest blessings. I am thankful to have them written down.  I feel so much gratitude when I can go back and read; and be reminded how richly blessed my life has been.

I have always loved the quote:

“We write to taste life twice once in the moment and retrospect.” Anias Nin

I believe we write down our blessings once in the moment, and then so we can be reminded of God’s love in retrospect.

Often times I stumble upon those written down blessings at the very moment I need a good warm hug from God.

Thankful Tree-0323

And this is what I want for our children.

Thankful Tree-0327

Simple reminders of God’s love for them.

Thankful Tree-0325

Written down by their own hand to see daily.

Thankful Tree-0321

I was deeply touched the morning I walked down to see my littles in the kitchen filling out the leaves all on their own.

Thankful Tree-0313

Thankful Tree-0317

They know what blessings are.

Thankful Tree-0322

They know they have been given so much.

Thankful Tree-0330

They know God surely loves them…

Thankful Tree-0328

and when their heart is heavy they won’t forget because, there it is, right in front of them, written in their own penmanship.

Thankful Tree-0324

What are you thankful for?  Take the time to write it down somewhere so you don’t forget.

Thankful Tree-0326

If you would like to know about my above thankful and what I believe please visit here or here.

You may also be interested in this video.

I am thankful for you.

Thank you for making this such a wonderful place to count my many blessings.

4 comments:

Colleen said...

I love this idea too! definitely need the reminders sometimes of why we truly are so blessed.

oopsiemaizie said...

oh, that sweet little handwriting... i think it's so great that they were sitting down and filling out leaves all on their own... you're doing a wonderful job with them... also, your new photos on your header are so pretty!

Jo Jo said...

I use to do this...I need to do it again! And I LOVE your quote! I might have to borrow it!

Susan said...

You are an awesome Mom! Happy Thanksgiving!

Related Posts with Thumbnails