Friday, November 12, 2010

Giving Thanks.

I am thankful for so many things.

Right now, I am thankful that my bestie is coming for Thanksgiving.

The whole crew.  All 6 of them to be with all of the 6 crazies that reside in this house.

Are you ready for Thanksgiving?

Are you hosting?

I think I am ready except…

I STILL NEED TO SHOP!!

We do have the menu all planned, and..

it will be delicious.

I will share a few of my favorite recipes in the next few days.

Today, I have to share how Thankful I am for good deals.

I love deals.

I am all done Christmas shopping, and boy did I do good this year.

(more on this later)

Right now, I am just too excited about my $store and thrift store finds.

Thanksgiving decorations

They make my Thanksgiving decorations complete.

I found the red and yellow dishes at the Dollar tree.  I am in love with these.  They can be put in the oven… I can’t wait to make a dessert in them.  An adorable little dessert for one.  Any recipes?

Krysta has a silver pot like this on her table, and I have always loved it.  I found this at good will.

…and the marble platter with glass cover was also a good will find.  I can’t wait to put a little treat here.  For now this little pumpkin fits great.

Then I stumbled upon the best… are you ready.. you are never going to believe it.

An entire owl collection.  I love owls.  As you may know by this and this; owls are a repetitive theme around here.

They make the best fall decoration.

Owl mantel

Did I mention that I also found a stash of owl salt and pepper shakers at Kirklands for .67 cents a set.  I bought them all.  They will be great little gifts. (can you see them to the right of the clock.  They are black with green eyes.

Aren’t owls so cute?

Thanksgiving decorations1

Here is a peak at the rest of my Thanksgiving Decorations:

Thanksgiving decorations2

What are those placemats you ask?

That was a little Family Home Evening project that we had.

Placemat

We each made our own little mat, with the same design layout, but they each have their own Unique characteristics.

Placemat closeup

Then I had them laminated.

Each Monday we write what we are thankful for with a dry erase marker.  I hope by the end of the month our table will be full of things we are thankful for.

tessa's mat

See… Tess is thankful for milk.

I am going to enjoy my Thanksgiving decorations for a week or so.  I am hoping to put Christmas up early this year.

I am really in the Christmas spirit. (more on that later)

Anyways, I can’t wait to share what I have been working on with you.

Here is a sneak peak.

Kids Advent

 

8 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I adore owls too! Love all the ones you found...although I am sad we don't have a kirklands around because those salt and pepper shakers...adorable!!!!

Stella said...

Andrea it's always lovely to visit your blog. Your decorations are stunning and I love those red and yellow dishes.
Thank you for all the inspiration..I am thankful we've met. You are special.
Love,
Stella

Hanna said...

Hi there! I love all your ideas:) Your blog is very nice. I am your newest follower. You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

April said...

Dropping by to let you know I am awarding you the Stylish Blogger Award. Come by my blog to grab your award!

http://wildflowersandwhimsy.blogspot.com/2010/11/little-happy-dance.html

KW said...

Wow, lots of fun stuff. Wish you were going to be here for thanksgiving!

Stacy said...

Love your new header!! It's so you!

Krysta said...

You found an Owl collection??? I can't believe your luck! So cute. I love your placemats too. What a fun idea. I can't wait to get to your house!

Candice said...

Those placemats are adorable! I love the owls too! So cute!

I just stumbled onto your blog...not sure from where, but I'm glad I did because I love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails