Monday, October 25, 2010

How did you do?… and PARTY!!!

I just got back from a run.  It felt great.  I finally feel like I am back to my old self after our vacation.  So to all you challenge doers; How did you do this week?  What were your strengths and weaknesses?

Strengths: eating; I ate really good this week with the exception of one meal at a party, and a two cookies at my daughters one year old birthday party last night.

Weaknesses:  strength training.  I had hoped to get in two days of lifting, but I only got in one.  I am so addicted to running that it sounds so much more fun, I always pick running.  I think I enjoy getting out of the house without my kids.

This week I hope to do some more toning.

Did you have success?  I am very happy.  I lost 3.5 pounds this week.  WOW!!

I never ever loose that much.  I think my body had a good detox, and I also started weaning my daughter which is always a time of big weight loss for me.

You should feel great with 1-2 pounds.  That is always my goal.  1 pound is progress so keep it up.

I hope you had a good week!! Please keep going with me.  I can’t “weight” to see where we are in four more weeks.

I also can’t wait to show you pictures of the party I threw this weekend.

My baby turned one on Friday.

I spent the day decorating for the big weekend.  Jonathan was on call on Friday.  Saturday would be the big one year old cake smash, and Sunday we would have family and close friends over to PARTY!!

I am warning you now that this is picture overload, but I thought you might enjoy seeing the details.  Plus, I put a lot of time into the details.  That’s what women specialize in; DETAILS.

This is what the house looked like on Friday in honor of her birthday.

decorations

I hung this old vintage sheet because my walls do terrible things to my pictures.  I also love how it adds to the whimsy of the party.

Spread

Yes, I know you recognize those I plate stands.  I told you I would be using them for Tessa’s birthday.  At her party, they had cupcakes on them.

Owl centerpiece

I found these painted owls at Hobby Lobby and just had to use them.  The branches came from the back yard.

Close up owl

I added the pink ribbon.  The owl cookie jar came from a friend; she let me borrow it.  Along with a candy dish.

Angle

I covered the table in pictures of her, and fun frames that I had around the house.

Picture frame

White frame

Of course, I used pom poms from parties previous, and I stole Krysta’s idea of an old book chain.  It made the décor complete.  Thanks Krysta.

Poms 

My favorite part was the banner that I made out of fabric and pom poms. Then I added pictures of her from 0-12 months.  It was the true meaning of celebrating one year of Tessa.

Banner

I also made a little table runner, and a party hat.  I am hoping to turn the table runner into an apron for me, as a little reminder of how bitter sweet it is to have a one year old.

Party hat

Then Saturday arrived and Daddy was finally home to celebrate as a family.  I could not wait to watch her dive into that cake.  She has always been the messiest eater so I knew this would be good. Stay tuned to hear all about it.

Here she is in the center of it all:

One

Cake Day

…and here is her cake.

Cake

…more pictures of her eating to come on next post. 

After we did cake and presents we let the little one wind down for the day. 

I didn’t want to much stimulation for little Mae, so we spread it out over a few days.

One year old invite copy

We invited the Bradfords and the Smiths up Sunday after church for Chili and homemade bread; and of course this little spread.

Do you see the adorable little shirt I made?  I think I went a little overboard.  What do you think?

Party Spread

We had cupcakes.  I made the toppers.  The little owl that I used for everything came from this little Etsy Shop.

Then I designed everything in photoshop, and printed them on my printer.

Cupcake stand

…the cupcake wrappers even have owls on them.  It was such an easy theme this year with it being fall.

Cupcake stand 2

…and smores owls.  I call them smowls.  I found the idea here.Smowls

…and owl sugar cookies.

Owl Cookie

Owl Sugar Cookies

…and you can’t forget a drink.  I covered basic water bottles with this little logo.  Then I provided Crystal light single serve packets with several flavors to choose from.

water

The kids and I even made a pinata.  This is a horrible picture, but it is all I got.  Hey, I can’t do everything.

Pinata

We had such a great time.  I can’t wait to share more…next time the pictures will be all about her.  I still have a little editing to do so stay tuned.  Thanks for being a part of our little owls celebration.

We had a HOOT!! “wink wink”

14 comments:

Lindsey Jensen said...

You did an amazing job with Tessa's party!! I LOVE her one year photos and her bday invite!! You are such an inspiration with all of your creativness!!

Unknown said...

You did such an amazing job!! You didn't go over board, just the right amount! ;) can't wait to see more!

The Dooley Family said...

SO cute; I love owls but can never think of reasons to use them!! I think they were perfect for the party; I especially love the little owls from Hobby Lobby, and the pink ribbon is perfect! They are so cute, and perfect for a scrapbook or frame later to remember the party with! :o) (I can't afford to do whole scrapbooks, so I do frames...) I just love it all!

KW said...

I can say you went overboard because I am your sister, but seeing all the cute ideas I would have went overboard too. Plus how could you not want to go overboard for Tessa! It turned out so cute. I am sad I missed it. Happy birthday Tess!

Beth Curtis said...

so so cute! You did a great job. I am dying over little Tessa's birthday outfit. I think my favorite thing about the decor is the added lil pom poms on the banner etc. Girlie things are SO fun!

Stacy said...

Doing great, had a good week with eating and exercising, my husband is doing it with me and we are having fun working out together, it's our time! We started out slow on our workout and are uping our time as we go, it feels so good, eating several times a day makes such a difference I don't feel too full or bloated like I otherwise would, I am really excited about this!!

Unknown said...

everything turned out great! I love the Owls. I'm glad sweet Tessa had a good 1st birthday!

Anonymous said...

How cute was your party!? Love it! I am 4.2 pounds down! In one week! I can't believe it. I was a once a day eater. Terrible, I know. So obviously eating throughout the day is helping. I only got to workout 4 days, busy schedule. Knee deep in Halloween costume production so we will see how this week goes. Why can't I just be happy with the store bought ones? lol
I love the Premiere protein shakes from Costco...and they have the tigers milk bars. 72 for $20ish. WAY cheaper then the zone bars....and they aren't that bad!
Good luck this week!
Kristy

Krysta said...

So, so cute! I love everything. I think my faves are the little owls on the branches and the surgar cookies. They are adorable! I wish we could have been there.

katie@tulsadetails said...

It turned out so cute!!! And thanks for the shout out. I love your photography. I bet this was so special for Tessa! Love it!!!

Jerri-Lea said...

What a fun party theme!! Happy 1st Birthday little princess!

Pam said...

very cute party!!

rochelle said...

I am trying your weight loss challenge. I love your blog-you have such a happy positive attitude! I lost 20 lbs almost 2 yrs ago on weight watchers and have kept it off, but I would love to lose those last 5 lbs! I have a couple of questions for you-1600-1800 calories is that with you nursing? Sorry to get personal. I am not nursing, so I am guessing I would be less?? Also-what zone perfect bars did you find that are 170? i went to walmart and had a hard time finding anything under 190. Thanks so much!!! srkjar04@msn.com

Sarah @ Sugar Bananas said...

Wow! What a sweet first birthday. ...and what an adorable one year old :) I'd love for you to link this over at my 'Sweets This Week' Link Party

Related Posts with Thumbnails