Friday, March 1, 2013

What’s in a name?

A few weeks ago, I received a phone call from the happiest woman I know.  No, literally, she really is always happy.  She always has a smile on her face.  She always has the kindest things to say.  She always finds the good.  I think that is why she is always happy.

The phone rang, I picked it up and said, “hello.” Maria said, “Hello.  Andrea.  Did you know your name means, “she who walks with God?”

Isn’t that the sweetest way to start a conversation.  Now I don’t know if that is what my name really means; but I am rolling with it.

I have thought about that almost every day since.

Andrea

I hope I exemplify someone who walks with God.  Am I really walking with him?

IMG_2559

I often find that most days; at most hours I am carrying some sort of prayer in my heart.  Almost as if I am constantly praying about something.  I wonder if he ever gets sick of my constant asking and pleading.  Then I thought to myself. If I am constantly praying to him, then I am constantly walking with him.

Of course, there are moments every day that I fall short and I trip and fall, but I always find myself trying to catch up so I can walk along his side again.  Sometimes, I can even feel him holding my hand.  God is good.

I have been keeping a gratitude journal this year. It has helped me find the good in life also.  Hopefully I can be continually happy like dear sister Maria from our church.

Here is what I wrote in my journal this last week:

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Today I am grateful for:

1. Personal Revelation

2. My Parents who listen to me

3. An extremely guided journey through medical school, residency, fellowship and up to now with the Lords hand in all things; through out the journey.

4.  The prayer that was answered 15 years ago to follow Jonathan to Utah State instead of going to Southern Utah.  It was during that next year we became engaged.  Best decision I ever made.

IMG_2614

5. My understanding this week of how special and capable my husband is.  That God has great things in store for him. (all things I have always known.  I just have a deeper understanding.)

I encourage you to take the time to find what you are grateful for, to thank God for it, and to run and catch up to him sometimes.  Walking beside him is always easier.

7 comments:

Letti said...

Great post. I have been trying to be a better journal writer. I believe that if we know we are going to be writing down our thoughts then we will want to be better and happier. I mean who would want to right only negative stuff.

Our Little Hatch Family !!! said...

I have always thought you were amazing Andrea, You make being a mother look beautifully simple! Thank you for the encouragement and gratitude idea!

Jo Jo said...

That is so cool! I would love to find out about my name! And yes, you do!

Leslie Posey said...

you are such an inspiring person girlie!! I really miss your
spirit around me!! I always loved having you around because I felt you were that person/example that lifted and encouraged when needed...YOU ARE AWESOME!!! you always have been and I suppose you always will be! love ya girl!

tricia said...

Thank you for this post today.

Michelle said...

Lovely! Thanks, Andrea. I think you look beautiful in the photo. As always, but a little more "East Coast-ish", I guess. :)

Unknown said...

I love this post. I've been keeping a gratitude journal, too. I'm a worrier so I decided it I'm constantly walking in thankfulness, then I'm not being anxious. I can't do both at once! I'm so thankful there are wives and mothers like YOU!

Related Posts with Thumbnails