Thursday, March 28, 2013

Our Dad.

I am so thankful the Daddy in our home,can do some of the things I can’t do. 

For example: Jex comes home from scouts with a piece of wood and four wheels, and he is supposed to turn it into a car.

I just say, “ask your dad.”

…and the beauty is that I know that he can accomplish this task and is willing.

We have a great Dad around here.

 photo PinewoodDerbyCollage_zpsa6d7df4f.jpg

Last week, we participated in Jex’s Cub Scout Pinewood Derby.

We had a great time.

  photo PinewoodDerby2013-0048_zps5087a32b.jpg

Jonathan and Jex did such an amazing job with his car.  Jonathan is so good at this kind of stuff.  The boys spent hours cutting, sanding and painting.

  photo jexcollage_zps8de0aa8a.jpg

Jonathan even helped another boy from Jex’s troop; so he actually made 2.

After the official race, any one who wanted to enter a car could; Stella entered Jex’s old car.

 photo Stellacollage_zps9bba6d2e.jpg

It was fun to watch the two cars face off.

 photo racecollage_zpsf8a21a20.jpg

What a fun night.

I am off to spend some time with the kids, and enjoy our one day Spring Break tomorrow. Wahoo!!(impressive PA)

Oh, and to think about how grateful I am for Dad’s and their role in families.

Another little message about Dads.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it. Dad's are so important!

Unknown said...

That video made me start to tear up. I love it. I am not Mormon but i LOVE the religion and what it preaches about families. Im worried there will be no men to be my husband and childrens father whe i am old enough. Can i marry a Momon? How do i go about finding this erfect person?

Krysta said...

I am grateful for the smae thing. What a blessing Dad's are!

Michelle said...

Awesome. I remember well the Pinewood derby last year when y'all were still here. :)
That video is my favorite Mormon Message so far. It helped me see the work of fathers in a clearer light.

Pam said...

The kids looked like they were having a great time!

Pam said...

Loved the video!

Related Posts with Thumbnails