Thursday, June 21, 2012

My Happiness…

I haven been thinking a lot about home these last few weeks.

What does home mean to me?

I have been worried about our kids not having a “home” and roots.

…but what is a home really?

We have moved around so much I feel like the kids don’t have any roots.

The day we walked out of our home in Arkansas…. I was heart broken.

I loved that house, and I will miss the memories made there.

It has taken me over a month to come to terms with not having a home.

I felt like someone had fired me from my job the day we left that house. 

My whole life and who I am centers around the home.

I am a stay at home mom.

My home is my office.

After a month of soul searching… I have discovered that not having a home doesn’t mean I can’t be a great mom, and make great meals, and create beautiful things.

I am responsible to create the feelings of warmth and love no matter where we are.

That is my job.

I am back on the map; and ready to be awesome again.

I am feeling more like myself then I have in months. 

I began mourning the move from our home months before it happened.

I will NEVER do that to myself again.

Heavenly Father has taught me many great lessons.

My Happiness does not reside in a beautiful home; it resides in my heart.

After all this soul searching, and putting my happiness back where it belongs; I have realized what matters most.

This last week, I have been trying to make the most of my time with these cute little people.

fathers Day Pictures (33 of 35)

We are having a great summer. 

I am enjoying the little moments with them, and when I do I realize that they really make me laugh.

I am also treasuring every phone call, and text from my best friend.  He can’t be with me right now.  Oh, how I miss him.

He is working so hard for our family right now. 

Only 1 1/2 weeks left in his four year residency.  I can hardly believe it. 

I am so proud of him and all his hard work the last 4 years.  He is awesome.

fathers Day Pictures (1 of 1)

We love you Daddy!!

What I have learned?: Sometimes Satan clouds our view so much, we can’t see the great blessings that our right in front of us.

What do I say to that?: “Get out of my way Satan, Heavenly Father has great blessings and responsibilities in store for me.”

I stumbled upon this in my darkest hour.

Elder Busche’s little secrets helped pull me through the dark clouds.

I think everyone who is feeling dark and sad should listen to his words. 

It is six minutes of some of the best advice I have ever heard.

His words, along with Heavenly Father’s love helped put my happiness back in my heart.

I am thankful for the reminder that love is not in things; it is in people.

Speaking of home and things….

Jonathan found us a really fun home in Pennsylvania. 

We will only be there for a year; so it is a rental.

Boy, oh boy was that a process.

It was so hard to find something to fit our family, in the right location, and at the right price.

Once again, Heavenly Father blessed our path.

I have been enjoying looking  at pinterest and thinking of some fun new ideas for our new house.

Here are a few spaces that inspire me:

119063983868347269_TmaGUXPH_c

untitled

Can you tell that I am excited about our new playroom? We will have space for one in our new home.

House Beautiful

Color makes me happy.

142707881911874058_gESmlvtg_c

Even though I don’t have a home, I can find happiness in just looking at pretty things.

Speaking of pretty things, I have enjoyed going to the parade of homes with my mom and sisters.

The parade of homes is full of pretty things.

In the past, I would have been depressed that I don’ t have my own home.

Instead, I went with the intent to just enjoy the time with my mom and sisters.

We had so much fun, and laughed the whole time.

There was one moment that I thought, man I miss these girls and just hanging out with them.

We were all inspired by several of the houses.

There is one house in particular that I just fell in love with. 

I took a lot of pictures.

I even dreamt about that house one night while I was sleeping.

When I woke up, this thought came to my mind:

“I love pretty spaces, and I love pretty homes.  I am so blessed to have pretty people in my life; an awesome husband, fun family, and amazing children to spend my days with.  A pretty home to share with them is just icing on the cake, but not where my happiness lies.”

This is all a good reminder that happiness is in living life, and just enjoying it.

Happiness is not in what we own.

I know I will have a house again soon.

I also know that I enjoy being home with a routine.

I enjoy creating in my home, making meals in my home, and spending time with my family at home.

I enjoy making my home beautiful.

I am also grateful that I found where true happiness lies, before we move into a our new home.

That way I can be happy no matter my circumstance.

7 comments:

Stella said...

I am completely blown away by this post. Thank you so so much for sharing. A wonderful " eye-opener" . And I love every bit of your story. And what you wrote; so true.
Yes I am privileged; thank you for making me aware how lucky I am.

Kathy@mishmashmom said...

Andrea, you are so right! And kind of lucky...sometimes we get so involved in our homes and the mundane little details of life that we neglect the most important things in life. Enjoy every second! P.S. I am loving the Parade of Homes, too. Have you been to the homes in Lehi and Alpine? They are neat.

The Dooley Family said...

So sweet!! I love it! Those pictures of your kiddos are just darling. I can't wait till I have more than one to take pictures of; although I know having more comes with its own challenges! Just sayin', it's probably really fun that they're all camera-trained and pose-able :o)

Good luck with everything!! That must be a hard transition, just stuck in limbo for awhile!

Becky said...

Beautiful! I love hearing the lessons that God has taught people. Times of transition are tough. Hang in there, it will all be so worth it!!

Brandi said...

What a great post!!!! Made me think a little bit!! THANKS!!! Your kids are beautiful!!!!!

Kari said...

After almost losing our home to a wildfire this weekend, I feel like I learned the same lesson in a different way! You will have your "icing" before you know it. In the meantime, enjoy all the extra time you have now that you don't have home maintenance (cleaning, mowing the lawn, etc.) to worry about! A new home also gives you a good excuse to REDECORATE and bring to life all those little ideas that have been floating in that creative mind of yours! I can't wait to see them!

Brista Barrington said...

Your kids couldn't be any more beautiful! Love reading your blog! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails