Monday, June 4, 2012

Oh my goodness…. I am blogging.

After a month, I am finally reconnecting with my blog.  It has been a crazy month.  One of the craziest I have ever had.  In fact, it really has been a crazy year.  I have so much to say, and so much to share.  In fact, part of the reason I haven’t gotten to this sooner is that I really don’t know where to begin.  Today, I decided I would buckle down and share a little bit of what we have been up too.  Once I get that done, I will feel more like sharing my real thoughts and feelings about our life over the last few months and weeks. 

So… what has been up with us?

CIMG3213

First of all, we sold our home.  As you may recall, it sold quickly.  We have spent many months preparing for our move.

To give you the short story, Jonathan is starting a new job in Pennsylvania in July.  He has to finish up his job in Arkansas and is under contract to do so until June 30th.  We had to be out of our home by May 13th.  The kids still had school until May 24th.  The dynamic of the situation posed just a few problems for us.  Among the move, life still went on.  We still had school, work, activities, vacations, and time to spend with friends.

This is what we have been up to:

The months of April and May, were full of lots of school activities.  Each child had a field trip; Jex had two.

There are so many of our activities that don’t even have pictures because I just wasn’t in the right frame of mind.

Jex field trip crystal mines 

I did however take pictures of Jex’s field trip to the crystal mines.  I enjoy going on the kids field trips.  I haven’t missed one yet, and I don’t intend to.  It’s the little things that make kid’s feel special.  Even though going during this crazy time in our life seemed stressful, I wouldn’t change those memories. I may forget to bring my camera along, but I wouldn’t miss being with them. 

Jex played a lot of ball.  I don’t have many pictures, but I do have lots of memories.

Jonathan and I went on a trip to the island of Saba.  The island that we grew to love as it was our home for two years.  It was the best week ever.  The timing was perfect as it allowed Jonathan and I to enjoy one another and forget the move.

My parents came to take care of the kids.  The kids had a great time, and I can’t thank my parents enough.

I can’t wait to share our trip with you.  Until then, a sneak peak of the beauty of Saba.

collages (1 of 1)

While we were gone, Stella had her dance recital.  I was so sad to miss it, but I love that my parents could be a part of it.  I don’t have any pictures as of yet, but I have friends who have some for me.  (Marji and Pam, I need those pictures… hee hee.)

Once we got home, we kicked it in to full gear.  We had to be out of our house in just six days.

We are so grateful to our friends who helped us load and unload the moving truck.

Once, it was all loaded, we unloaded it all in my friend Lindsey’s garage.  She is awesome.  She let us stay with her for two weeks while the kids finished school, and is housing all our crap in her garage until we can move it to Pennsylvania.

We had a great time living with Lindsey.  This is me and Lindsey getting ready to go out with some of my girlfriends.  Behind us is her cute house that she welcomed our family in for two weeks.  What a wonderful person who welcomes six people in her home.  She is a great example to me of kindness.

collages (1 of 1)

We spent the next two weeks at Lindsey’s wrapping up the school year, and laughing with one another.  Lindsey is a kindergarten teacher at the school our kids go to.

The kids each received awards.

collages (2 of 3)

collages (1 of 3)

We enjoyed their field day.

collages (5 of 6)

I took them pizza for their last day at school. 

collages (1 of 1)

It was really hard to say goodbye to teachers and people who have made an influence on our kids over the last four years.  Bye Davis Elementary…. We love you and miss you.

We also had such a hard time saying goodbye to Jex’s baseball team.  Jex loves those boys and his coaches.  We love the parents, and our kids love the siblings who come to watch.  My friend Randy took some nice pictures of Jex at his last game because once again my brain was not in picture mode.  I am hoping to get those from her soon.

We did go to lake Catherine with some of our baseball friends and spent the most wonderful day.  One of those days that will go down in Arkansas History for me.

collages (4 of 6)

Jonathan gets husband of the year award as he went all out for Mothers Day, and our anniversary which all happened while we were living with Lindsey. It would have been so easy to let them slide with all that we had going on.  He still made time to acknowledge both.  He is awesome.  13 years with the most wonderful man.  I couldn’t be happier or more in love.

photo

My Mother’s Day lilies.  This picture was taken with my Iphone so it doesn’t do them justice. They were so beautiful.

We enjoyed some great evenings out with friends, and said our goodbyes.  I will miss you all.

On Memorial Day, we made the journey to Utah.  I came alone with the kids, so that we had somewhere to live.  Jonathan stayed behind to finish work.  He is living with his friend Brady.  Thank you Bradford’s for welcoming my hubby.

We have been here a week now.  I am beginning to feel settled.  I am feeling less anxious and worried about all we have going.  I am enjoying being in the home I grew up in.  It helps me feel like I am “home.”  While a home is something that I don’t have. It is so nice to be home with my mom.  I am grateful that she still loves me enough to let me come back to my old bedroom.

We have spent a lot of time with family.  All the cousins on the Swenson’s side enjoyed spending the day together. 

photo (2)

taken with my iphone.

The kids have loved being with their cousins.  I think it has helped them with their feelings about leaving Arkansas.

I have enjoyed hanging out with my family, and Jonathan’s family.

photo (1) 

taken with my iphone

I have enjoyed just chilling at the park, or sitting around catching up.

Although I haven’t had a minute to breath as of yet, I am feeling better.

I got to help my mom redecorate her office.  Here is a sneak peak.  We are not quite done; but I love the way it is coming together.

Moms office (2 of 2)

I have also been busy editing pictures from the last few weeks in Arkansas.  I had several photo shoots.  Here is a little peak for those clients.

Lindsey Holloway (11 of 21)

Lindsey Holloway (88 of 110)

Poseys-0632

Poseys-0660

Speaking of photography; I am so far behind on sharing my photography on my website.  I promise to catch up soon; so stay tuned for some awesome shots.

As for our future, I plan to leave Utah sometime in July to meet Jonathan in Pennsylvania. 

Jonathan will load up the truck once again, and drive with his dad to our new place in Pennsylvania at the end of June.  He will start his new job the beginning of July.

Speaking of new place, that is one more added stress.  We had a home to rent all lined up.  That recently fell through as the family is no longer moving.  Jonathan is now on the hunt to find us something new.  We will only be there a year, so it shouldn’t be a big deal to find a rental.  I totally trust him, and know he will do well for our family.

After Pennsylvania, I just don’t know.  We have lots of dreams for our family, and I am sure we will try to make as many as we can come true.

However, a lesson I learned long ago; my plans are not always what God has planned for us. 

I just hope he is listening to my prayers and takes some of those thoughts in to consideration. 

Thanks to everyone who has helped us in this crazy time. 

We are truly blessed.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you are feeling settled in Utah and relaxing. We miss y'all here. i think it is hardest on Averi, she just doesn't understand, she keeps asking for Tessa, she really missed her at church on Sunday. Miss you!

Becky said...

Reading this made me tired! What a road you have traveled/are traveling! Good luck finding a place and have fun in Utah! Can't wait to see pics of Saba!!

Eileen said...

Good luck, with ALL OF THAT! Wheew. I need an aspirin. :)

Unknown said...

Best of luck to your and your family. I love reading your blog.

Tara said...

WHEW! Makes my head spin just thinking about your life the last few months!!! I'm glad you get to have some down time with your family - hopefully it makes up for all the crazy! And best of luck with your next moving adventure!!!!

Kathy@mishmashmom said...

Welcome to Utah! I hope you have a nice visit while you are here!

The Dooley Family said...

Wow! You guys are the BUSIEST people on the planet!! Don't even WORRY about your blog readers; they are all wonderful and will understand a little lapse! And all those shoots will just add to your great portfolio so you can start the business in Pennsylvania!!

PS--LOVED every picture you posted! Your moms office ROCKS!! Such classy, yet modern colors!!

Brunson's said...

It was fun to catch up. I have been out of blog world too. I am happy you get to spend some time with your family. Someday you will get to settle. In the mean time you guys are making such great memories!

Related Posts with Thumbnails