Friday, March 23, 2012

Staying in… part 2

We have had such an enjoyable Spring Break.  We have gone out and about a little bit, but my favorite moments have been at home; staying in.

Reading (2 of 7) bw frame CR 

I always have lists of things I want to be able to do with the kids, but with the older two in school all day it is hard to accomplish them.  We have been able to do a few of them this week.

This has been a week for us to reconnect as a family, just doing the things we enjoy doing around here.  The kids have spent some time reconnecting as well.  I love watching my kids play and laugh together.

Here is what we have done; beware lots of pictures.

I let the kids loose in the kitchen.  I have been wanting them to cook more. They made waffles for breakfast.

Spring Break Fun (8 of 8)

Stella made cookies all by herself.  I don’t have a picture of that. I didn’t want to even set foot in the kitchen. I wanted her to have complete independence. She did it; she followed a recipe, and did it all. by. herself.

It rained and rained for a couple of days.  I decided while we had to stay indoors.  I would potty train Tess.

Potty Training Tess-3

She has done awesome.  I must say the fourth time around was pretty easy.  It has taken me four times to finally get it, and realize that staying calm always works better.  I get a little anxious.  I haven’t at all this go round.

Potty Training Tess-8

This is the method I use.  Krysta introduced me to it back when I potty-trained Jex.  I have used for all four of the kids, and it works!!!

Potty Training Tess-2

Try it.  Be sure to read the whole post.  Krysta also answers many questions in the comment section.

Potty Training Tess-4

The sun finally came out so we spent some time outdoors.  I enjoyed reading, while they ran around the yard.

Spring Break Fun-2

Spring Break Fun-29

Tess and I stayed pretty close, so I could continue the potty process.  Lots and lots of reminding.

Spring Break Fun-3

Spring Break Fun-24

Spring Break Fun-23

It was such a beautiful day, I told the kids that the blue sky reminded me of the day Jonathan and I got married.  The sky was so blue that day almost 13 years ago.

After the kids begging and begging to run through the sprinkler, we settled on a bucket of water and paint brushes.  I let them paint the driveway with water. 

Spring Break Fun-31

That seemed to satisfy.

Spring Break Fun-34

Spring Break Fun--4

We are not getting in to outdoor water activities until at least May.

Spring Break Fun-32

We had a pizza picnic.

Spring Break Fun-4

Gotta love Little Ceasars.

Spring Break Fun-2-2

(yes, I let my kids have soda.  We have to keep things exciting, and live a little.)

Spring Break Fun--3

At night, the kids get all wound up and run around and just laugh.  It brings a massive smile to my face.  One particular night, they came out doing a silly fashion show.  The funniest was Tess playing along and just laughing her head off.  I love having four kids.

Spring Break Fun-33

We did puzzles and coloring on those rainy days.

Spring Break Fun--2 

Spring Break Fun-

Puzzles will entertain Isaac for hours.

Spring Break Fun

I love seeing the girls coloring together.  All the kids enjoy coloring.

Spring Break Fun--2-2

…and of course there was reading.  There is always lots of reading going on around here.  Jex is such a good example.  He loves to read, and it is infectious.

Edits15

I love seeing him read to his siblings.

Reading (1 of 7)

All in all, it has been a great week.

Now, I am taking the night off and going out to see the Hunger Games with some girlfriends.

Spring Break Fun 2cr

May the odds be ever in your favor, and may you find time to stay in and reconnect.

Have a great weekend!!

8 comments:

Pam said...

Cute pics of the kids and you! Your hair is getting so long! I bet J is lovin it!

Stacy said...

you are so cute going to the movies with your friends, you deserve it after a kid filled week!

Simply Domestic said...

I hope you enjoyed The Hunger Games. I saw it this morning. Your kids are adorable. I love seeing moms who LOVE being moms! Glad you had a wonderful spring break!

Our Little Hatch Family !!! said...

Love your shirt! I also love the water painting idea!! I have been wanting to potty train Rohnin SOOO bad to avoid the cost of having to buy well 2 sets of diapers at a time, so of course I just got finished reading your friends Krysta's post on potty training...and of course it has inspired me to want to try...BUT...I just don't know if I can do it right now...I REALLY want too...I also don't know if Rohn is ready...How were your kids while Tessa was potty training?? It would be a little easier with just the 2, but summer time is coming and so is this baby...what do ya think?? what has this week been like for Tess??

Krysta said...

Wow! You hair is getting so long! I love it. I'm glad you had such a fun Spring Break with the kids. It felt like summer time to me seeing all of those photos. Can you believe summer is right around the corner? I am gearing up for it! I told J when he was here, that you and the kids need to come down and visit after you sale the house. Who wants to stay in a little hotel room?! Just wanted to put a bug in your ear. :)

Krysta said...

Wow! You hair is getting so long! I love it. I'm glad you had such a fun Spring Break with the kids. It felt like summer time to me seeing all of those photos. Can you believe summer is right around the corner? I am gearing up for it! I told J when he was here, that you and the kids need to come down and visit after you sale the house. Who wants to stay in a little hotel room?! Just wanted to put a bug in your ear. :)

Unknown said...

What an awesome week at home with your family!

Cute shirt! I saw the movie last night!

Unknown said...

What cute kiddos. I love reading your blog. Your littlest girl is so cute in her little pigtails. I wish my daughter would wear her hair like that.
I also love the water painting idea and we'll be doing that for sure. We usually don't do water activities until late May either, but it was almost 90 on Sunday. The kids spent the whole afternoon in their swimsuits and played with water guns and water balloons.

Related Posts with Thumbnails