Thursday, January 19, 2012

What I have learned Thursdays…

This week, I plan on keeping my thoughts pretty simple. 

As a mother, I try to live and learn from this balancing act I call life; and I learn many lessons.

I am working on saying no to things that I don’t have time for. 

I fill my life with good things, sometimes I fill my life with too many good things.

Last week, I talked about how I am trying not to feel guilty about what I can’t do.

In thinking about this, I came across this quote:

reactions and actions copy

If you would like this printable click on the image to take you to the download.

When I read this quote, I had an ah-ha moment. I thought about it this way. 

I am the only one who knows what I can and can’t do.  I am the only one who can decide when to say no.  When I say no, it is on behalf of me, my children and my husband.  This year, my family comes first.

I can’t predict how people react to me saying no. I can’t worry about their reactions. I can’t feel guilty about it.  I have to do what is best for me and my family.

I am working on living in the moment.

Here are a few captured moments at our house.

Daddy and Girls-18

Black and White1

Black and White

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Good for you, Andrea. Say no to some of the good so you have room for the best.
I LOVE those photos of Jonathan and Tess--so sweet!

ChicChat said...

Great post. I think we can all learn from it. I think half the time I do say "yes" is because I am worried about the reaction I might get if I say "no". There should be no guilt in saying, "no". Thank you for sharing.

jamie @ [kreyv] said...

Love your blog! I found it via Pinterest when I pinned your bathroom printables. I can't wait to hang those babies up in my bathroom. LOVE. THEM. Thanks for sharing!

Stella said...

I'm smitten; one of my favorite posts ever...Wow!

Shonta said...

Love your post... it's been a hard lesson learned for myself.

Off topic... please tell me the paint colors in your home... the living room and the blue in your bedroom! You have a beautiful home!

Darlene said...

What a great dad Jonathan is :). I love the pictures!

Related Posts with Thumbnails