Periodically, I like to list my top ten.
My Top Ten are things that I might be working on right now, things that I love at the moment, or times with my family that I have cherished.
Top Ten in January:
1. I love the new challenges that come along with January. I love setting goals and working towards them.
2. I am having a love/hate relationship with our workout program for the next 60 days or so. Jonathan and I are doing Insanity. Let me tell you, I feel a little insane when I can barely walk because this program tears you up.
3. I am in love winter clothes; specifically boots and skinny jeans. My husband thinks I have too many boots. (six or seven pair is not too many right?) I love pairing brown boots with black clothes. I know that was a no-no when “we"(us thirty-something’s) were in high school. Oh well, girls of the eighties and nineties; I am doing it now. And I love it.
I feel so funny posting a picture of myself. Headshots taken by Krysta Moes Photography.
4. I enjoy having long hair. My hair has never been this long. I have so many options with it. Jonathan loves it, however he hates finding hair all over the house.
5. My favorite phrase right now is, “nuggle mom?” That means: snuggle mom? It is the sweetest thing a two year old can say. She says it a lot. I am grateful for that because she is the baby, and I am not ready to give up the snuggling.
6. I enjoyed talking pictures of this sweet little newborn; Ellie Harper. I did re-think having another child, but only for a split second. OK. Let’s be honest; I thought about it for a day. Four is a good number, and I am happy with that.(because my baby still “nuggles” with me.)
7. I am enjoying reading The Boxcar Children to the kids at night. I have also enjoyed a little reading on my own. Books are such a nice vacation from life.
8. One of my favorite things is how helpful my husband is. Our new saying for the year is, “if we are busy, let’s be busy together.” With a family of six you are bound to be busy. When I am busy in the kitchen, he has been right there with me. I like being busy with him; I like staring at him while we work.
9. I have enjoyed looking for new recipes on pinterest and then making them healthy; between 350-400 calories. Stay tuned for a couple of those.
10. I love our family tradition of “two thumbs up.” We have been doing it for about a year now. At bedtime, we give two thumbs up to a child who has done something extraordinary that day. It is a way to reinforce good behavior. Our kids love it, and won’t let us forget. Prayer time is the perfect time for this. I love the smiles on their face as they give or receive the two thumbs up.
….and that’s my top ten.