Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thanksgiving and Love

I love Thanksgiving.  I love fall, and all the beautiful colors.  I love having those colors in my home and of course outside my home.

Thanksgiving decorations-0042 

…Just waiting to welcome you inside.

It is so warm and inviting.  I love having an excuse to listen to Christmas music.

What?… after Halloween it is fair game.

Thanksgiving decorations-0037 

I love all the smells associated with fall and Thanksgiving.  Warm apple cider, pine trees, pumpkin, and of course; Thanksgiving dinner cooking in the oven.Thanksgiving Decorations4 

I am enjoying this time of year so much right now.

Thanksgiving Decorations3 

Thinking about what I am thankful for.

I am trying to prepare for Christmas, and make plans to have our holiday expectations fulfilled.  Planning gifts and thoughts of service also makes me happy.  Life is good.

Ruby 6

Tomorrow will mark the one month birthday for baby Ruby.  I can’t believe that it has been a month since she was born.  We miss her, but I am at peace with knowing her purpose and knowing where she is now.

In honor of her birthday, I am wearing red tomorrow.  Do you want to join me? 

When I wear red, it is a reminder of love and service.  It reminds me of God’s love.  Ruby showed me and reminded me of his love.  I will make an extra point to show love tomorrow.  Please join our family by wearing red, and showing more patience and love to others.  I would also love to hear back from you.  Let me know some ways that you showed love.  Pictures of you in red clothing are also welcome.

What a tribute that would be to a beautiful little girl.  A little girl whose life was only fifteen days, but has touched so many in such a short time.

My sister recently shared this post about Ruby’s funeral.  The video she shared is beautiful.  Take some to to watch it, and be reminded of the Love our Heavenly Father has for us.  ….don’t forget your tissues.

Thanks again to everyone for your love and support.

We have so much to be thankful for.

Now… go find something red to wear.

2 comments:

Ford said...

I dressed Macy in red today and as soon as I saw her all dressed, I couldn't help but think of sweet Ruby. She is a special part of our family and really did teach us all so much.

We will wear red again tomorrow! :)

Colleen said...

I've been thinking of you and your family afer I first read about sweet Ruby.

Related Posts with Thumbnails