Thursday, November 17, 2011

Tessa’s belated party Part 1 {the decorations}

two year old birthday announcement

Remember when Tessa turned two?  That was a rough day for me, but while I was away; my mother in law put together a little party.

However… I still wanted to celebrate with her two…(pun intended)

Tessa Birthday Party-0198

Just wanted to note: (all of these shots are straight out of my camera; no editing, minus the watermark.  Editing is eating up so much of my time. I want to just get the pictures right without having to edit so much.  I want to post more, so I will be editing less.  I kind of like them this way.  I hope you enjoy them too.)

Tessa Birthday Party-0209

We celebrated for this little cutie last weekend.  My in-laws came back for another visit so it was the perfect time to host a party.

Tessa’s party theme was:

Tessa Birthday Party-0201

Make a wish… and let it fly.

I used butterflies, bird and stars for the party decorations.

Tessa Birthday Party

Tessa kept saying all day, “happy?”  I would say, “yes, it is your happy.” 

I love how everything came together. 

The pink, purple and silver look so fun together.  I totally scored when I found the butterflies and birds in those colors.

Tessa Birthday Party-0178

I made a very simple cake this year, and love how it looks.  The topper was made out of scrapbook paper, feathers, and wooden skewers.

Tessa Birthday Party1

I made this pink chandelier out of pom-pom trim, and the butterflies.  It was a nice touch. 

The marshmallow magic wands are my favorite touch.  The kids enjoyed them too. 

Ingredients: Pink marshmallows, white chocolate, silver sprinkles and wooden skewers.

We drank right out of mason jars, labeled with chalkboard vinyl.  Stella wrote everyone’s name on the vinyl with chalk.  Fun stripped straws added the finishing touch. Delicious Strawberry Lemonade.  YUM!!!

Tessa Birthday Party-0200 Tessa Birthday Party-0199

I love adding pictures to the table.  I think it is fun to see how she has changed. 

Tessa Birthday Party-0197

A few fun pink pillows to the bench make for the final touch.

Oh Tess, we love you so much. 

I couldn’t have wished for a happier child.  You light up our home.

Stay tuned for Part 2 {the Party}.

13 comments:

Brandi said...

How sweet, everything looks adorbs!!! What a cutie!!!

KW said...

Looks like a really great party. I love how everything turned out. Very very pink and girlie just like Tess.

Michelle said...

Beautiful. I actually really like your photos SOOC -- they are awesome just the way you take them!
Where do you find the silver sprinkles? Those are so fun! :)
Happy birthday to sweet Tessa--I love being her teacher in Nursery.

Holly said...

I don't comment much, but I get excited every time I see you have a new post up! You are A-MAZING! This is the cutest birthday party I've seen! ♥ Makes me want to throw a party for a cute little 2 year old!!! Thanks for sharing all of your inspiration with us!

Unknown said...

What a cute party! I always love your parties, there's just something about them. Classic and so fun!

katie@tulsadetails said...

She is so adorable and you did an amazing job with her party, of course!

julie said...

Your photos are so inspirational, they're brilliant! I'm always looking for a new post from you too. You never disappoint, that party is sooo adorable and so is Tess.

Unknown said...

love how everything turned out, so fun! glad you got to celebrate with your special girl. we love you Tessa!! Pictures look great too!

Pam said...

She looked adorable! Love you Tessa!

Simply Domestic said...

Wow! She's one blessed little girl! My birthday is next month....will you come and decorate!?! :)

Beth Curtis said...

what a cutie bug! Her party looks INSANE! So great!

SoSoBella said...

darling. all of it, just darling!!!

Krysta said...

So, so cute! It's just perfect! I can't wait to see the rest. I am glad you finally were able to celebrate with her. I actually like your pictures better like that all the way around. Great job!! You have inspired me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails