Monday, November 7, 2011

House Tour {Our Room}

I have had this post ready to go for quite a while.  I just haven’t felt like posting much.  I am getting back to life here on the home front; being busy with the kids helps.  I also know that posting makes me feel happy, so here is the room that makes me the most happy.  I feel so calm when I walk in  here, and the white walls makes for the prettiest light.  I do love rooms with lots of natural light.  I love how soft it feels.  Just how a woman’s (and man’s) room should feel.

Room 15

…almost two years ago, I painted this room white. Jonathan was shocked that I wanted to paint a room white.  I knew that I wanted the room to feel clean and bright.

So with the help of some friends, we stenciled the silver on the back wall.  It is my favorite part.  We used a quart of a specialty paint to create this look.  I wanted the look and feel of wallpaper.

Room 16

I also took the ceiling fan down and added the chandelier. 

We have been married for 12 1/2 years now, and we still don’t own a bedroom suite.  I actually like it that way.  We have collected furniture which gives the room the shabby cottage feel I am looking for. I also created a headboard using a shelf, old windows, and photos.  I love it because it is unique.

room 10

Can you see all the beautiful light coming in?

Room 14

The white dresser was found for me by a friend.  I absolutely love it.  It makes such a great addition to our room.

 Room 9

I only paid $50 for it.

Room 2

  The mirror next to it was a find at a local flea market.  One of my favorite pieces that I have.

Room 7

I knew that I wanted to have glass candlesticks on my dresser.  Here  is my little collection.  I also found this lamp at a flea market, and knew it would looks awesome with my candlesticks.

Room 8

This armoire was actually a piece that I picked up at Walmart five years ago.  I just painted it blue.  I love it this color. I also added some glass knobs. 

Now check out my ceiling…

Room 13 

Can you tell that my ceiling is also blue?  The walls are white, and my ceiling is a light shade of tiffany blue.  One of my favorite features.

Room 12

On the other side of the room, I have this side table.  I am not really one for night stands.  I found this table on the side of the road.  Jonathan helped me fix it up.  I added some silver paint to it, and glass knobs.

Room 6 

It also houses some of my favorite pictures and menagerie of picture frames.

Room 11

You will also find photography props stashed all over my house.  This one just happens to match this room perfectly.  I love this old chair.

Room 1

This rocking chair was my Great Grandmothers.  Jonathan was kind enough to sand it all down, and paint it for me.  It fits our room perfectly.

Just a few more details….

Room 5

Room 3

Room 4

I hope you enjoyed my peaceful sanctuary.

Coming soon… Thanksgiving mantle.

7 comments:

Beth Curtis said...

it looks so dreamy! I am so jealous, right now my master is non existent. ugh, I don't know why I always leave it to the very end!

Unknown said...

I love your room, it is very peaceful and relaxing

katie@tulsadetails said...

I love every room in your house!!! They are all beautiful and this one is no exception!

Colt 'n Tami said...

LOVELY!!!!! You got the "eye" sheesh, I'm jelious!

Stella said...

A little piece of heaven; gorgerous....I love your style and this room looks so calming. A perfect place to relax and just for the two of you....

julie said...

It is just perfect, all your rooms are stylish and unique.I love all the details too, especially the old frames above your bed, just wonderful.

Michelle said...

I love the colors - I tend to gravitate to blues and whites a lot. Thanks for posting -- I always love to "hear from you." :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails