Saturday, October 29, 2011

Grandpa and Ruby

Thank you to all who have offered prayers in our families behalf.

Ruby 2

For those of you who don’t know, Ruby June Warburton passed away on Wednesday afternoon in the arms of her parents.  She will be missed.  We will all be changed forever.  If you would like to read more about her visit my sister’s blog here.

She has posted two beautiful posts since her passing.  My sister and her husband amaze me every single second.

Ruby 7

My Grandpa’s funeral was Thursday afternoon.  It was a beautiful service.  I think he was happy with it.  My favorite part was when the Diamond Fork riding club pulled my Grandpa’s horse with is hat and boots behind the hurse.  Then members of the riding club rode behind that.  I was deeply touched as I have many memories of him in his riding club vest.

Riding Club 2

I was asked to speak at the funeral.  It was not easy, but I was happy to share the memories that my cousins, siblings and I have of my grandpa.

It has been a rough week, but full of many tender mercies from the Lord.

I am thankful for the vision of my Grandpa taking Ruby by the hand, and welcoming her to heaven.  I also love the thought of her saying to him, “Grandpa, it wasn’t long ago that I left heaven to go to earth, I will show you around,”

I leave you with some pictures from my Grandpa’s funeral.  These beautiful memories that I don’t want to forget.

Riding Club

Pall bearers

Grandma

Brad

casket

Flowers

Brock

8 comments:

DebZorn said...

Such a heart-wrenching month for your family. Blessings and prayers go our to you and your family.

Unknown said...

Andrea, prayers for your family today. and you! I can't imagine what you're going through but I do know that Jesus is bigger than anything and he's got your family in his hands!

KW said...

I am so glad that the riding club was there, that is a memory of Grandpa I will always have. Beautiful post.

Brandi said...

I'm sooo sorry for your losses!!! I'll be praying for you all!!!

Unknown said...

It looks like a special funeral-praying for y'all. let me know if you need anything!

Colt 'n Tami said...

UM... no more tears left in these eyes of mine... WOW! Andrea, your words have given me CHILLSSS! Thanks for sharing, we sure have been thinking of your family the past while. Those pics are going to be FOREVER PRICELESS and such a sweet thing to have FOREVER! How sweet is this post... WOW! There are no words I can say about it!
It was fun seeing you at the shower :)

Krysta said...

Gosh...I don't think I can cry anymore tonight. I just got done reading Kristins posts and couldn't even comment yet because I couldn't see through the tears. Life is too hard sometimes and it is hard finding words for all of the emotions. You did a great job. You are one strong person and one who strengthens others when they need it most. I am so glad that you had the opportunity to be there for everyone.

Darlene said...

I'm so sorry for your losses. I have been following your story of Ruby and am so sorry to hear that she has passed. Praying for you all.

Related Posts with Thumbnails