Thursday, September 8, 2011

Love…

I was spoiled this last weekend.  My sweet hubby played Mr. Mom all weekend so I could go have a great weekend with my parents and sisters.  I had such a nice relaxing time.  I also had a few girlfriends who were kind enough to help when Jonathan had to go back to work.(thanks girls)  It is amazing what a few days away can do for the soul; especially when you are with the people you grew up with.

However, there is still a part of me that I can’t leave behind.  Even while I am away, I am still looking behind me waiting for my four little ducklings to catch up.  There is just a little anxiety floating around in my head, and I can’t pinpoint what it is until I remember I am without my family.

…And then I begin to think about them, and how much I love them.

I took this beautiful flower picture while I was there.  It reminds me of God’s love.  Flower texture

I have to think that if he loves me as much as I love those four little ducklings; then he must really love me a lot.  I bet he misses me as much as I miss them when I am away. 

I bet that is why he invented prayer.

I am linking up to:

simplethingssmallweb-2

4 comments:

Beth Curtis said...

that is a gorgeous pic. I love your last thought about prayer. May have given me goosebumps :) Phoenix?! I thought you guys were heading to Utah. Um, that would be totally cool.

Krysta said...

I am glad you are home. I bet your little ducklings missed you as much as you missed them. It's good for everyone though. Sometimes you have to miss eachother to appreciate eachother all over again.

Bre said...

You make me smile! Lots and LOTs! Glad you got some alone time! Bet your little ones missed you just as much!

Michelle said...

Beautiful, Andrea. This is one of my favorite posts from you. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails