Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Four

Remember when I said that I keep a list of items that I want to blog about? I am grateful that I do this because…

Isaac hat

This guy turned four, 22 days ago, and I have yet to share anything about it. I almost forgot that I hadn’t shared about it, but a list never lies.  It is either crossed off or it isn’t.

(Jonathan hates this hat, btw, and thinks that I shouldn’t make the kids wear it.  I don’t think Isaac likes it either.)

It was such a great day.  I love birthdays that include Isaac because he gets so excited about everything you do.

There are two things Isaac talks about constantly:

His Birthday and Halloween.

He has been talking about both since January.  He wanted to make sure that four of his green friends were included for both events"

cake

“Mom, I want to have a Ninja Turtle cake for my birthday, and I want to be a Ninja turtle for Halloween.” he says, almost every day.

blue platter 1

(Don’t you love this blue cake plate.  I am starting a nice collection.  I found this one at an antique store.  I even found a platter to match.)

I came through on the birthday wish.  I made cupcakes instead of a cake.  They were so fun.

blue platter 2

For those of you wondering; I used a fruit by the foot for the mask, marsh mellows for the whites of the eyes, and mini chocolate chips for the center of the eyes.

Isaac and cupcakes  

His birthday happened to fall on a school day so we took some to share with the class.

ike at school 

He was so proud when he carried those cupcakes into his classroom.

jars

He also got to bring the snack so I though it might be fun to spruce up snack a little bit.

4

The kids loved seeing their snacks in these glass jars.

It always amazes me what can excite a four year old.

bar decorations

I typically always decorate our table really nice, but I started refinishing our table the day before.  Lets just say it wasn’t worthy of a birthday celebration.  So I attacked the bar with all the birthday goodies instead.  The kids always wake up to decorations, and breakfast in bed.

Here are a few of the details:

four turtle pictures

After school, we went to lunch with a few friends, and even had them over to play.

Isaac picked Hot dogs for dinner.  He told me, “I want hot dogs just like Jex.”  Jex had hot dogs for his birthday as well.  I was thrilled because they are so easy.

dinner

(here they are eating at the art table.  I think I picked a bad time to refinish my dining room table.  What was I thinking?)

Of course there were presents…

money

wow

open 3

presents 2

shoes

Can you see why I love birthdays with Isaac? 

He gets so excited; about everything.

He makes everything I do as a mother worth while.

lights

…and then cake, happy birthday singing, and blowing out the candles.

blow

 …and a nice “special” glass of milk.

milk  sprinkles

…yes those are sprinkles.  I attached them to the cup with chocolate.  YUM!!

Isaac and kids

It was a great day. Isaac is such a special boy. We are so lucky to have him in our family.  I am one blessed mommy. 

That night after he had gone to bed, I think he came out five times to tell me “Thank you.”

All I could think to say is, “you are worth it.”

Scrapbook Pages:

Isaacs fourth birthday copy

Isaacs fourth birthday 2 copy

13 comments:

Colleen said...

I'm a new follower : )

Great pictures! He does look like a very happy little guy. I am so impressed that you already did the scrapbook
layouts!

KW said...

happy birthday little buddy! Luke misses you a lot. It looks like you had a very special birthday.

Alison Woods said...

Darling cupcakes! You sure know how to celebrate birthdays! I love it!

Beth Curtis said...

I love his facial expressions! You can tell exactly what he is thinking. Birthday parties are so fun! I can't believe you have so many birthdays in August! CRAZY! You do so well on all of them. Now I am excited to see your table!

katie@tulsadetails said...

You do the cutest things!!!! What a sweet birthday for your son!

Jaron said...

Aww, what a sweet kid! You make birthdays so fun.

And having just refinished our garage-sale kitchen table, let me tell ya - there ain't NO good time to refinish your only kitchen table! :-)

Jaron said...

Oh sorry, this was Becky. oops ;)

Krysta said...

I had forgotten about Isaac's birthday too. Thank goodness for lists even though they can be obnoxious sometimes. It looks like such a special day and turned out so cute! You always do a great job no matter what the situation is. I like that you decorated the bar. Cute! I also enjoy seeing your scrapbook pages while you are blogging the event.

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday, Isaac! You are such a special boy. I loved being your teacher this year!
(Beautiful photos, Andrea. I always love your posts, and don't mind a bit if they're a little late. Bring 'em on! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! Thanks for your comments on my blog. I would like to choose something to learn from you! Sooo that means you NEED to move closer to me!

Unknown said...

I'm glad he had a fun day, the cupcakes were so cute!

Tiffany said...

Hi Andrea, I am a dedicated reader of your blog. I just wanted to stop and say hi and thank you for all the inspiration you give me. I don't always have time to leave you a comment because once I've finished reading your post my active and sweet little one year old is pulling at my leg for attention. I just want to say how creative I think you are. I love all the ideas and crafts you do and post about here. You give me so many great ideas that I look forward to trying in the future! Thanks for being you and sharing your life. I truly feel like I know you and your family and how sweet they are! Happy Birthday Isaac! Have a wonderful week :)
Love,
Tiffany

Tara said...

So wonderful - I can't believe he's already 4 (has it really been that long?!) I'm loving all your new posts - can't wait to hear more!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails