Monday, September 19, 2011

House Tour {Welcome}

Before I went to Utah this summer, I took pictures of every nook and cranny of this house.  I had planned to do a little House tour on my blog; in all my spare time.  To make a long story short, I didn’t even get the pictures edited or placed in a folder.  I still want to post about our house.  I love our house and since we only have 10 more months in it, I decided now is a great time to share all about it.

This is our first home.  We have moved around so much.  When we finally knew we would be somewhere for 4 years, we both knew it was time to own something of our own.  I was pleasantly surprised when we were able to buy a brand new home. 

I have enjoyed every minute of making it our own.  We have put a lot of effort in to this house, and I will be so sad to say goodbye.  Over the next few weeks, I will be sharing different rooms and areas of our house.

house tour 

Today:  The Front Entry.  This is what you would see just before you came in to our house.

Welcome.

welcome

Thank you for coming.

bench

This bench is a recent addition to our entry.  Jonathan built it for me out of a old crib.  I love it. {Thanks Honey.}

bench2 

I ususally decorate for the seasons.  This is my pot of pumpkins

pumpkins

and my…

wreath

fall wreath.

It is always changing.

flowers

These pots have different items in them depending on the season.  This year I went with Mums.  I love the yellow.

This is what they looked like last year.

Entryway

These birds make me smile.  I bought them at dollar tree and painted them yellow.

birds

This is my antique store lamp post.  I love it so much.  One of my favorite purchases.  I added the frame with our monogram.

lampost

This little spot is one of my favorite places.  I love walking through the front door of our home. 

…more to come.  Don’t miss it.

P.S.  I said we will be moving in Ten months.  Guess what!! I know where.  I will share all about it in the next few days. 

12 comments:

Alison Woods said...

Can you PLEASE come decorate for me?? Even just my porch?? I wish! I love your style and your eye for detail and great deals! Beautiful!

Tara said...

I'm so excited to see every nook and crany! :) And hear where you're headed!!!!!!!!! (Hopefully someplace thrilling and easy to visit) :)

Stella said...

This is such a gorgeous welcome...I love the way you decorated it; you have a perfect eye for styling and decorating...
I can hardly wait to see the other photos of the house.... Good to be here again; this is such a wonderful blog to visit, look, read and enjoy!!!

katie@tulsadetails said...

It is soooo cute!!! Cannot wait to see pics of the inside! Live your outdoor decor!!

Becky said...

Cute, cute. Ever since we got back here I've been thinking "I need to get something cute on my front porch like Andrea always had." :-) I can't wait to find out where you guys are going!!!

Beth Curtis said...

So I got a little sad for you when you said you will move in 10 months. So much hard work to say goodbye to! I can't wait to find out where you are moving!

Letti said...

I love your entry way! I can't wait to see the rest of your home.

Kathy@mishmashmom said...

I love the color of your exterior brick! I also have gone the yellow mum route this fall...I think they are so cheerful. So pretty!

Eileen said...

Moving!? What? Where? Why?

I can't wait for the tour!

KW said...

I love the bench. It turned out great. I might have to do that when we are done with the cribs.

Brunson's said...

Cute! I can't wait to hear where your going. If I can put in my bet it will be UTAH!

Darlene said...

Great decorations! Love, love, love the bench!! I need something exactly like that. You should post a tutorial of Jonathan's process on here for us handyman challenged folks :).

Related Posts with Thumbnails