Monday, June 6, 2011

It is that time…

SUMMER!!

I love when the school year comes to an end.

Actually, my kids are still supposed to be in school, but I was ready for summer.

We are ditching the last two days.  SHHH!!  Don’t tell.

I think we are officially ready for summer.

We wrapped up the Baseball Season.  It was AWESOME!! Jex made great friends, and had a great time learning more about baseball.

Jex Collage CR

cheer

Jonathan and I celebrated our 12 year anniversary.  12 years and still in love.  AWE!!

Something sweet from him…

Flowers

Something sweet from me…

cupcakes bliss

The kids finished up the school year with some awesome awards (which I will post about later.)

Now, that our busy month of May is over we are ready to dive in to our summer activities.

summer

We started Friday morning, the last day of school singing “Phineas and Ferb’s theme song.”

There’s 104 days of summer vacation and school comes along just to end it.

The annual problem for our generation is finding a good way to spend it.

I couldn’t have said it any better.

So… how will we spend it?

I am glad you asked.

A couple summer vacations.

Spending time with our family, and favorite friends.

read.

Lots of reading.  The kids and I are going to read a chapter book this summer.  I still haven’t decided which book.  I am thinking Charlotte's Web.

Letter Collage

We are going write, write, write this summer.  I plan to have them write card, notes, and letters to stay up on their spelling.

Letter to grandma blur 

We are going to have lots of leisure time this summer.  I really want to take it easy and enjoy the kids.

Adventures

I want their curiosity to take them places. 

I don’t have any projects planned.  That doesn’t mean we won’t have any.  We will; but our projects will be as we come up with them, and what we feel like doing.

turtles 2  Jex turtle

I know, you are all thinking to yourself this is not like Andrea.  Did she hit her

head?   Has she gone mad? 

NO!! As mother’s we all have to take inventory of our life.  I have been doing just that over the last few months.  After a crazy spring; I am ready to slow it down.

I am ready to try a new routine this summer, and this is the summer to do it.  We will be traveling a lot. 

I didn’t want to have anything written down that I knew I couldn’t accomplish.  This way; I have nothing that will make me feel as though I didn’t get anything crossed off, because I have no expectations.

Well… I do!! I expect nothing, but fun and memories.

In the past, our summer’s have been very scheduled and organized.  This year I am taking a different approach.  I want to see where it takes us. 

Tess Crib

The only schedule I plan to keep is a nap for this little lady, and rest time in the afternoon for the other kids.

This is a summer for memories, and time spent with our loved ones.  I am really looking forward to it.

What is on your summer agenda?

Summer journal cr

To keep up with all our summer memories, I made this little project.  Stay tuned to hear more about it.

6 comments:

Beth Curtis said...

I can't wait to hear about all your summer adventures. I am dying to hear all about that projected you are planning! It looks fun!

Unknown said...

Hopefully we can do a some fun things together this summer while you are in town :)It is going to be a hot one!!!

Stephanie said...

Good for you!!!!!! That's all I have to say. Oh, except, that picture of Isaac is the best!

Krysta said...

I think it will be a fun and different summer for you. It's going to go by fast with all of the traveling, but I know you all will have so much fun and enjoy the company of family and friends.

Tara said...

I'm so excited to hear how it all goes - I always love the way you do things, I'm sure this will be no exception. And I can't wait to hear about your summer journal project!

KW said...

I can't wait to have you guys here this summer!! Yay for vacations.

Related Posts with Thumbnails