Monday, May 30, 2011

Framed Monograms

It is project time; both projects were gifts that I made for friends.

I Love making gifts for others.  I also like finding ways to make great gifts inexpensively.  I don’t think you have to have a lot of money to give something beautiful.

My friend Becky recently had a birthday.  A small group of girls took her out to lunch, and I wanted to bring her a little something extra to help celebrate her special day.

I had a frame from Michaels that I picked up for $1.  I used some scrapbook paper, ribbon and flower embellishments that I had on hand.

Frame for Becky

I love how the ribbon says Families are Forever.  It was my inspiration.  It matched the colors in her living room perfectly. 

I made her monogram in Photoshop and printed it out on linen paper.

Frame for Becky 2 

It was an inexpensive gift; but also a thoughtful one.

I also made this fun gift for my friend Amanda.  I hosted a baby shower for her in my home a few months ago, and I wanted her gift to be really special.

Gift for Mason

I found this frame at Hobby Lobby.  It matches her baby furniture perfectly.  I was inspired by Pottery Barn art, and new the baby’s monogram would be the perfect modern touch.

I love how it turned out.  I want one for my house.

 

8 comments:

The Dooley Family said...

ooh! I love the baby monogram! What a great, classy touch for a nursery!

Krysta said...

I LOVE the baby monogram! Perfect gift. I'm going to pin it. :) I have had so much fun with those $ fames. I like the paper you used.

Beth Curtis said...

what a great idea. There is something so special about a personalized gift.

katie@tulsadetails said...

What a great idea! I love these! You are so creative!!

KW said...

Love that last idea! I might have to use that for a gift and myself.

Becky said...

Very, very cute!

Jessica @ Simply A Farmer's Wife said...

I love this! What font did you use in the baby monogram? Great idea!

BetterYou Health & Fitness said...

These are so simple but so awesome! I would love to give and get these!

Related Posts with Thumbnails