Monday, June 27, 2011

{Glimpse} Outings

Glimpse is my post where I share things that I want my kids to remember.  Wonderful memories about them as children.  A small glimpse in to what life was like when they were kids.  Glimpse is also a place for me to jot down things that I am thankful for.  When I am having a bad day, I am always thankful that I keep a blog.  It reminds me of what is good.

glimpse

Today, this is what I want them to remember, and what I never want to forget.

We have good kids.

Recently we took them to a Travelers baseball game. 

take me out to the ballgame

We had such a great night hanging out downtown.

city

bridge

Anytime we go somewhere with four kids, we get lots of looks.

I am sure people’s first reaction is, I hope we are not sitting by them.

clap

It never fails though; there is always at least one person that compliments us on our kids and their behavior.  That is music to a parents ears.

clap 2

To our kids:

Most of the time, wherever we go; you are good.

Jex game

We can go most any place, and you are on your best behavior.

stella

Your dad and I are so thankful that we can take you places, and actually enjoy ourselves.  We enjoy using these opportunities to teach you manners and respect for others.

j and ike

A dinner out with you is always enjoyable.

Movies in the theater; wonderful.

A trip to the ball park is a delight.

ike

In fact, everyone with kids started leaving before or around the fifth inning.  We stayed until the last pitch was thrown, and the fireworks were lighting up the sky.

 late

It was late, and there was not one meltdown.

It was a delight to be at the ball park with each of you.

Thank you for being the kind of kids that your parents want to hang out with.

Scrapbook Pages:

Travelers game 1 copy

Travelers game 2 copy

thanks to Jessica Sprague for her fun freebies they made great baseball pages.

5 comments:

Eileen said...

What a sweet and tender "glimpse" into your life. You really do have adorable kids.

Tiffany said...

I love your "glimpse" posts. this is was so sweet too! You know that good children are usually the result of good parenting, right? :) You are a fantastic mother and it's no wonder your children are so well-behaved! I hope you get to have many more fun outings with your family this summer!

Stella said...

The picturea are gorgeous as always (yes I'm a fan) and your stories are wonderful to read. Your children are beautiful and so well mannered. That's because you are doing a wonderful job as parents. You can be proud of that!

Bailey said...

I guess next time we go to a game I will need to trade Livy for one of your kids:) I am always impressed at how well behaved your children are, they are all so sweet!

Jaimie said...

You've discussed how people look at you because you have four children. Quite possibly they are looking simply because your children are attractive. They may not be thinking anything negative at all! You need to try to look on/consider the positive side and not worry so much about what others think! Have confidence. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails