Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thursdays Post

My dear friend keeps looking at my blog and reminding me that I am a loser when it comes to posting these days.  She reminded me that I used to always post on Thursdays.  Today, I was out and about I remembered that it was Thursday.

This post is for you Leslie!!

Top 5 right now:

1. Little miss is learning all sorts of words.  Her favorite is “NO!”  She knows the appropriate time to use it.  It has taken her all this time to finally say “Mama.”  It is so endearing when she does. 

don't tell me  Tess slide

Everyday I think that I couldn’t love her anymore, and then she wakes up and… I do.  I am so thankful for our fourth child.  She is a gift.

2.  This last weekend, I took a much needed girls trip.  I went to Dallas with a few girlfriends. 

all the girls

This picture was taken just before we left.  When Marji pulled up we noticed that we had the same shirt on.  I guess that is what friends do; dress alike.

We had such a wonderful time.  We literally shopped til we dropped.

girls  Shop til we drop

We celebrated Pam’s birthday by eating several yummy meals throughout the day.  Elvis even sang happy birthday to her.(she wouldn’t let me post that picture)

pam

We were able to stay with Marji’s best friend.  Thank you for having us Brandi.  We had such a great time.  The best part about staying with her is we felt right at home because we got to come home and squeeze her twins.  Aren’t they cute?

carter and clara 2 carter and clara

I am thankful that Jonathan was able to take care of the kids so that I could get away.  They had a great time with him.  I am also thankful for such fun friends.

3.  I still working on my New Year/New Me list.  Included on that list is taking risks with my camera.  I have had fun taking pictures of a few babies around here.

Baby London

London 7-1 cr

London 11 cr

london 4 cr

Baby Maddox

maddox 1 bw cr copy

Maddox 2 cr

Sommer and Maddox 1 vintage cr

4.  I tackled a little sewing project a few weekends back.  I wanted to add a little color to our furniture, so I added some new pillows.

pillows 1 cr 

I fell in love with this yellow fabric.  It was a little pricey so I only bought one yard and added to it.  I love the way they turned out.

pillow 3 cr

Pillow 4 cr

I carried the yellow into the dining room.

pillows 2 cr

chair

5.  I think I have discovered something about myself.  This is something that I thought I would never admit. 

I am beginning to be a Southern Girl.

I am embracing the south.  I love it.  I love phrases like, “fixin too, down in the holler, and mama’s sweet tea.”  When I hear them in a country song it brings a smile to my face.  It is nice to actually understand what it means to live in the South.  I want to explore more of the South.  I think Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee would be fun places to visit.  What do “Ya’ll” think? Would “all Ya’ll” like to come?  Don’t be surprised if you hear more of the southern lingo fly out my mouth.  The people here are so endearing and really mean it when they say,“Have a blessed day.”

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrea I love your hair! I so want to do a girls trip. i always think of getting away and coming to visit you but somethin always comes up like money, sick kids and now these outrageous gas prices. Glad you had a good time.

Unknown said...

It was a great weekend :) I'm glad the south is rubbing off on you, maybe you'll stay for a while :)

Sommer said...

I love the pictures of Maddox and the one of me and him is so cute. Cant wait to see the rest.

Eileen said...

You have such a sweet life! I wish I was you.

katie@tulsadetails said...

First, your daughter is just absolutely adorable!

Your pictures are stunning! You are so talented. :)

And, love, love, love the yellow and gray. So stylish!

Simply Domestic said...

Andrea, you look great! Love your hair. I also love the pillows. You are so talented! Being a southern girl, I really can't blame you for becoming fond of the south. We grow on people! :)

Becky said...

Tessa has so much hair! What a cutie. Yay for girls' weekend - you deserve it!

P.S. Why did you not take pictures of my baby when you were 15 steps outside my door?!? Now I'll have to travel a long way next baby. Great pics! ;-)

KW said...

Oh how I love that little girl. Looks like you had a great trip!

Darlene said...

What a fun post, Andrea! Looks like you had a great time on your GWO :). I can't believe how big Tessa is getting.

Christal said...

Looks like you continue to do fabulously on all levels, my dear! As for the Southern thing....I'm 500% with ya! LOVE it too. (My grandma and several relatives are deep south Texas...I'm always wondering if that gives me any claim...) Luv u!

Krysta said...

I'm so glad to see a post. You inspire me to get on the ball. I love all of your pics and your update. I agree on loving the south! It is very endearing and would be so hard to leave...hint, hint. :) I love ya tons! Thanks for being the best friend ever.

Related Posts with Thumbnails