My dear friend keeps looking at my blog and reminding me that I am a loser when it comes to posting these days. She reminded me that I used to always post on Thursdays. Today, I was out and about I remembered that it was Thursday.
This post is for you Leslie!!
Top 5 right now:
1. Little miss is learning all sorts of words. Her favorite is “NO!” She knows the appropriate time to use it. It has taken her all this time to finally say “Mama.” It is so endearing when she does.
Everyday I think that I couldn’t love her anymore, and then she wakes up and… I do. I am so thankful for our fourth child. She is a gift.
2. This last weekend, I took a much needed girls trip. I went to Dallas with a few girlfriends.
This picture was taken just before we left. When Marji pulled up we noticed that we had the same shirt on. I guess that is what friends do; dress alike.
We had such a wonderful time. We literally shopped til we dropped.
We celebrated Pam’s birthday by eating several yummy meals throughout the day. Elvis even sang happy birthday to her.(she wouldn’t let me post that picture)
We were able to stay with Marji’s best friend. Thank you for having us Brandi. We had such a great time. The best part about staying with her is we felt right at home because we got to come home and squeeze her twins. Aren’t they cute?
I am thankful that Jonathan was able to take care of the kids so that I could get away. They had a great time with him. I am also thankful for such fun friends.
3. I still working on my New Year/New Me list. Included on that list is taking risks with my camera. I have had fun taking pictures of a few babies around here.
4. I tackled a little sewing project a few weekends back. I wanted to add a little color to our furniture, so I added some new pillows.
I fell in love with this yellow fabric. It was a little pricey so I only bought one yard and added to it. I love the way they turned out.
I carried the yellow into the dining room.
5. I think I have discovered something about myself. This is something that I thought I would never admit.
I am beginning to be a Southern Girl.
I am embracing the south. I love it. I love phrases like, “fixin too, down in the holler, and mama’s sweet tea.” When I hear them in a country song it brings a smile to my face. It is nice to actually understand what it means to live in the South. I want to explore more of the South. I think Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee would be fun places to visit. What do “Ya’ll” think? Would “all Ya’ll” like to come? Don’t be surprised if you hear more of the southern lingo fly out my mouth. The people here are so endearing and really mean it when they say,“Have a blessed day.”