Wednesday, March 16, 2011

About Me

I know, I know, life isn’t all about me, although at times I like to think it is.

When I first started this blog, I wrote  a post titled, “100 things you didn’t know about me.”

It  is still one of my most favorite posts.  I love it because it took a lot of effort to come up with 100 things.  But now, almost 3 years later I am so grateful that I took the time to sit down and do it.  It took me a few days.  I remember when I would think of something and run to the computer to jot it down.

Now when I read back, I realize how some of those 100 things have remained the same and many have changed.

Like #77.  I don’t like to run.  It just hurts all around.

Well, now 3 years later I could change #77 to read:  I love to run, and wish that the weather would permit me to run everyday.

or #81. I enjoy a nice, cold, Caffeine Free Diet Dr. Pepper everyday. (sometimes 2)

this should now read:  #81. I enjoy a nice, cold, Coke zero everyday. (sometimes 3)

I guess what I am saying is I am grateful that things don’t remain the same.  How boring would it be if we never evolved, tried something new.

In honor of my favorite post, I am going to work on a new list.  I hope to share 5-10 new things about me each month. I think it is important for our children to know the little things about us.  I also enjoy looking back and remembering some of the important parts about me that I may have forgotten.

For example, I recently realized that when I am cooking dinner; I stand like a flamingo.

flamingo 2

Oh yes, I stand with one leg on the ground and the other foot touching my knee.  Now that is just weird.

Have you ever thought of writing down 100 things about you?

6 comments:

KW said...

I was actually just thinking about my 100 things the other day. that is so funny. I was going repost my list and change the ones that have now changed. I might still have to do it.

Unknown said...

great idea-I've never done a 100 things, sounds like fun-I'll have to start compiling my list :)

House Of Aqua said...

That is so funny because I have done that since I was a child. I am actually standing at my kitchen counter now doing that while I am typing and baking brownies!

Becky said...

Hahaha, um, I actually stand like that too. I used to do it more - I must've somewhat fallen out of the habit. We've finally scheduled the USMLE for April 4th - wish us luck! :-)

Krysta said...

I have forgotten all about my list. I need to read it again. Thanks for reminding me.

Ummmm...lookin' hot girl!

Tara said...

You are delightful, Andrea - best flamingo stance ever. And you give me hope: maybe in 3 years I will love running..... :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails