Thursday, April 17, 2008

100 things you probably didn't know about me...

My sister and my cousin posted 100 things about themselves on their blog. They did it so their posterity would know a little bit more about them. I decided to join the bandwagon. This was fun. It took me a couple of days. I would sit and just add 10-15 a day. So here it is:

1. I love to pluck my eyebrows. I can be so tired at night and still spend 15 minutes plucking my eyebrows. It relieves a little stress.

2. I love teaching my kids about something new. It is fun to watch their face as they comprehend it and it's exciting to know that I help their thought process.

3. I love feeling the Spirit bear witness to me about gospel truths.

4. I hate crumbs. I hate cleaning them up and I cringe at almost every meal with my children.

5. I love the smell of rain.

6. I want to be a country music singer in my next life.

7. I wish I would have played sports when I was younger.

8. I love fresh flowers.

9. I have a hard time turning my brain off. I dream in fabric swatches and scrapbook paper.

10. I hate doing laundry. It will sit in baskets for days.

11. I love to organize.

12. I love to shop on the internet. With three kids it is so much easier.

13. I have enjoyed moving away from home. I miss our family, but I have grown so much. It has been a great learning experience for me.

14. My favorite 'LOST' character is Sawyer. He is so handsome.

15. I read books about vampires.

16. My favorite pastime is body boarding.

17. I really miss the simple Caribbean life.

18. My favorite childhood memory is our fourth of July campouts at KOA!!

19. I wish I had a middle name.

20. You can never have too much produce in your house. I have panic attacks when we start to get low on fresh fruit and vegetables.

21. I recently started to enjoy vegetables.

22. I obsess about weight. It is always on my mind.

23. I love COOKIES!!

24. I love lazy days when Jonathan doesn't have to go to work.

25. I love falling asleep with my children. I get so relaxed.

26. I enjoy nursing my babies. It is one of my favorite parts about motherhood. It is never a burden to me.

27. I hate the mornings that my hair needs to be washed. I love "second day" hair.

28. I wish I was more fearless and tried more exciting things.

29. I love photography and I wish I had a great camera... and was naturally good at taking pictures.

30. I have the gift of gab. I love to talk to people, and get to know them. I feel comfort when I share something in common with someone.

31. Validation is a huge thing for me. I want my feelings to be validated even if whatever I'm upset about is silly.

32. My kids laughter is the best remedy for a bad day.

33. I love making breakfast for my kids.

34. My car is never clean, but my house always is.

35. I feel better about spending money at a consignment shop, thrift store, or a bargain store. I also tend to buy things if they are on sale. I probably spend more money this way just because I think I am getting a good deal, rather then just not buying it at all.

36. I love to go to lunch with Jonathan and the kids on a Saturday afternoon.

37. I go to my Weight Watchers meeting every month to be accountable to someone.

38. I used to do fingernails for a living, but I never paint my own.

39. It was hard for me to start driving a mini-van, but now I love it.

40. I could watch Sweet Home Alabama, Footloose, Girls Just Want to Have fun, and How to Lose a Guy In Ten Days over and over again.

41. I love to exercise.

42. My favorite store is Hobby Lobby.

43. I enjoy having friends over for dinner.

44. I love to bake. I enjoy baking anything and everything. I am getting good at bread.

45. House Hunters on HGTV is one of my favorite shows.

46. I also love the show 'Reba'. Van and Babby J (Barbara Jean) are hilarious. If you haven't seen this, you should tune in. It is good for your soul.

47. I am a control freak when it comes to movies and television that my children want to watch.

48. I don't want my kids to have sleepovers.

49. I won't let my kids have shoes that light up or have characters on the side. I know... I am a MEAN mom.

50. I enjoy buying clothes a season a head for my kids. Then when I pull them out the next season, I just grin when I see how cheap I got them.

51. I get car sick.

52. I want to be a Certified Nurse Midwife. I plan to go back to school when the kids are older.

53. I don't miss my long hair. I like having it short again, and don't know if I will grow it back out EVER.

54. I am very assertive. I rarely wait for Jonathan to help me with something. I usually just do things on my own timetable.

55. I love my memory foam pillow.

56. I enjoy reading about church history. I think that Joseph Smith is such a wonderful and interesting man. I want to know more about him and his life.

57. I don't enjoy being pregnant, but I love the labor and birth part. It is so empowering.

58. I can't leave the house with out making my bed.

59. I enjoy a good weekend with my close friend Krysta. We are special spirit sisters who completely understand one another.

60. I enjoy watching Jonathan play sports. It gives me that "butterflies in the tummy" feeling that I got when we were dating.

61. I am grateful for prescription drugs and vaccinations that help make it possible for people to be whole. I know that this is just one of the great gifts given from God through the hands of man.
62. I am grateful for the medication 'Zofran' that made it possible for me to keep food down during my last pregnancy.

63. I love flip flops.

64. I use a self-tanner, and always use sunscreen. I am afraid of the effects of the sun. I wish I had been a little more cautious in my younger years.

65. I love the smell of astringent, and I will wash my face with it a couple of times a day just to smell it.

66. I hate when my feet are cold.

67. I never use overhead light. I always have lamps on.

68. I want to go on a mission with Jonathan someday. I think it would be fun to go to Nauvoo.

69. I don't really love animals. I am not cruel to them in any way, but I don't really ever care to have any pets.

70. The first thing I do when I wake up in the morning is open the blinds. I love natural light.

71. I check my email 5-10 times a day.

72. I forget to check the answering machine.

73. I love to bath in the winter, and also when I don't feel well.

74. I wish I would have taken more dance classes, and tried to dance with a company.

75. I am a very scheduled mother, and I think that is why my babies sleep through the night at such a young age.

76. I worry that I am going to mess up my kids somehow and do something wrong.

77. I don't like to run. It just hurts all around.

78. I love to lift wieghts, and enjoy every part of my muscles aching the day after.

79. One of my favorite hobbies is taking things off the wall and finding a new spot for them.

80. I don't like the way my kids smell when they have been playing outside.

81. I enjoy a nice, cold, Caffeine Free Diet Dr. Pepper everyday. (sometimes 2)

82. I love to cook with garlic, it makes everything taste better.

83. I love wrestling and tickling my kids. We do it at least three times a day. I even love to tickle and be crazy with Isaac. This is how I show my love.

84. I love when Jonathan calls me in the middle of the day, just to say Hi.

85. I love the smell of Coffee, but have never tasted it.

86. I don't miss high school at all, but I long to have some of those college days back.

87. A place for everything, and everything in it's place. This describes me well.

88. I love to make things for my house, and I am pretty good at using up things that I have to make something look new again.

89. I love antiques and old used up furniture. The more beat-up the better.

90. I love a good pork salad from Cafe Rio. It will last me three meals, and sometimes I will eat the leftovers for breakfast.

91. I wish I could fiddle, and would even like to play the electric fiddle.

92. Soft cookies! (need I say more?)

93. I want to take lots of family vacations.

94. I would love to have my own store someday. It would be full of items that creative people came up with out of their own house. A sort of "creative boutique."

95. I didn't like teaching preschool to Jex and his friends. It was too stressful for me.

96. I don't miss cutting hair.

97. I love wearing contacts.

98. I hope my children think I am a wonderful mother, and that they will love me despite my faults.

99. I hope Jonathan and I can always have a strong marriage.

100. I can't believe that I had that much to say about myself!! What kind of self-absorbed person am I?

I encourage everyone to try this. It really helps you think about the person that you are. It made me think about things that I do everyday, and never realize. It was really FUN!!

9 comments:

Alison Woods said...

I loved reading all of those things about you Andrea! We have a lot in common!

Krysta said...

I loved that! I checked your blog right before bed and I was tired, so I thought "I'll read half now and then have something to look forward to tomorrow morning and finish it then." But I couldn't stop reading it...too fun! I think you inspired me and I might have to try this for myself. We'll see how long it takes me to think of 100 things! :)

Ashlee said...

Love it! I need to do this.. I have been going through a 'refinding' of myself for a while, and I think this would help me remember who I was/am. Thanks for sharing. It'll probably take a couple days to think it all up though!

Fords said...

It is quite amazing that you can think of that many things huh? It is weird that as I read yours, I thought of so many more that I could add to my list.

Jessica said...

How fun to read & learn more about you! I will definitely have to do this--great idea!

Sara said...

What a fun thing to do! Thanks for the great idea Andrea! It was also SO fun to learn more about you! I just think that you are so stinkin wonderful!

Jerald and Lorene said...

What fun to read this about you. You are really a great daughter and mother to my grandchildren and a super wife to love and support and take care of my son! I love you. Lorene

Pam said...

Wow that was fun to read, sorry about the middle name lol!! And I hope I didn't mess you up to bad and that you love me anyway too!!

Emily said...

I just found your blog! I didn't know you had one! I enjoyed seeing pictures of your family and learning more about you guys!

Related Posts with Thumbnails