Monday, November 8, 2010

A couple of projects… finally.

I have been wanting to share this little project for a month.  I did this before we left on vacation.

I want to share it because it was cheap, and it totally revamped my whole bathroom.

My kids bathroom needed a little re-do.

Wall

I loved the shower curtain, but the walls were really getting to me.  I really want to paint in here, but our time in this house is winding down and I really don’t want to take the time when I know I will only get to enjoy it for a little while longer.

So… I came up with this little idea.

Close up

It was an idea that popped in to my head one day when I thought, “I want my kids to read thoughts about how great I think they are, how much I love them, or quotes that will lift them up and remind them of important things.”

There was no greater place to put them, then in their bathroom.

I even enjoy reading them.

Closeup 2

I thought long and hard about what I wanted them to say, and then I made them in photoshop.

Printed them out on cardstock with our printer.

Closeup 3

Framed them in frames that I found at Goodwill.  I just spray painted them cream, and WA-LA; a wall with encouraging words and reminders for less them $4.00, and I didn’t have to paint.

New Day

I also found this tin at Swiss Days in Utah, and new it would go great in here.  You have seen these flowers all over my house, and now they found their perfect home here.

Flowers

Card from Stella

This little frame has a card in it from my new friend Stella.  I met her through blogging.  She lives in the Netherlands.  She makes  awesome cards.  Check out her blog here to see just how awesome she is.  This little card came when she mailed our family our favorite Dutch treat; chocolate sprinkles that you put on toast.  We used to live on a Dutch island so when the package came it was such a sweet reminder of “home.”  Thanks again Stella, and thanks for the beautiful card that is now art in my bathroom.

Bead Board

What do you think? Pretty good room re-do for next to nothing.

One more project.  I whipped this up today, because once I took down my Candy Corn banner, my mantel seemed a little bare.  Plus, I thought this was a good reminder of the importance of Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving Banner

I printed the letters out on book pages that I torn out of an old book using the font Downcome.

Then I tore them and ruffed them up a little more.

I added them to the tan cardstock, and a little glitter to bling it up.

Closeup Banner

Then I stapled it to some white tool, and added it to the mantel.

I also included the paper book chain that I made for Tessa’s birthday.  I can’t wait to use it for other things too.

Banner 2

I have lots of project ideas running through my little brain right now.  Lets just hope I can find time to share them.

I hope you have time to do some projects too. 

I am thinking in homemade Christmas gifts.  Do you have any ideas?

P.S.  don’t forget to check out 365.  I have finally updated.

P.P.S.  How is the challenge going?  I had a rough week.  I stayed the same, but I only exercised twice, and I ate a little Halloween candy.  I am back on the bandwagon today.

26 comments:

Beth Curtis said...

so cute! I love everything. I would like to peek inside your brain one day! So are you going to be announcing a move soon?

katie@tulsadetails said...

I heart this!!! You did such an awesome job and I love this idea. So creative! You should sell your signs as printables! :)

Stella said...

Your bathroom turned out gorgeous! And thank you so so much for your lovely compliment about my card. I appreciate it so much.
Have a wonderful day!
Love and hugs,
Stella

Melissa said...

Love your new ideas!!! Do you have a tutorial on how to make subway art in photoshop? And the Challenge.....Exercise last week was 3 days, ugh. But still lost 1 lb. Any dinner recipes to share for 300 calorie range?

Anonymous said...

I always wonder how you attach pictures to the wall and then move them around without leaving holes everywhere??

I'll check back for the answer. Inquiring minds are dying to know!! :)

Andrea said...

Oh, I leave holes in the wall. I just don't care. I always go back and have a touch up day. I just go through the house and repair and touch up with paint.

It is just too much fun to leave things in one place.

Anonymous said...

The bathroom is adorable. The banner is super cute. I put a star next to it on google reader. I'm gonna have to copy it.

Jenn said...

You are seriously so creative! I love everything you do! I am going to totally copy you! :) I hope that you don't mind! My friend keeps "Friend" magazines in her kids bathroom and has a chalkboard that she writes quote on for them to see.
Have a wonderful day!
Jenn {redberrybarn.blogspot}

Michelle said...

Awesome. I wish I could be a fly on your shoulder and see how you do it all. :) Thanks for sharing your ideas! I always love seeing them.

Krysta said...

It all turned out so cute! I can't wait to see it in person. I love the banner!

Stephanie & Brad Bishop said...

I love the idea of using pages from books--recycling at its best. Reading these quotes while in the bathroom will certainly help your children know what is most important to your family!

Leasa said...

I am a new follower and I love the banner and the bathroom so very c ute. I may have to steal the bathroom idea.

Ali Richardson said...

AWESOME!!!! I love the quotes in the bathroom and that banner on your mantel is amazing. Keep up the great work :)

Get Nestled In said...

I stopped over from Funky Junk and now I can't leave!! :) I'll just have to follow you. LOVE your blog.

T.bird

Kasey said...

New to your blog! Love the frames, sayings, and colors. I too have a daughter named Stella! We have great taste!

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

I love it! It looks wonderful!

CraftyMummy said...

I love your wall of frames for your kids bathroom! I have a blank wall that I've been wondering what to do with, and this would be perfect. Thanks for the inspiration.

I found your post at Tatertots and Jello

Aliesha Caldwell | Feathers in Our Nest said...

Visiting from T&J.

Beautiful wall art! I love it!

Jessica said...

I really love those inspiration quotes in your bathroom. That is such a fun way to remind your kids how important they are. LOVE it!!!

justenoughstyle.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Oh my! I love your wall of quotes!!! The colors, the fonts, the sayings - just perfect. Great job.

Sawdust Girl said...

Really cute!

Chanin said...

Love those signs for the bathroom! What a fabulous idea!

Lisa Cash said...

I found you on Just a Girl. I love both of your projects. So clever. I think the bathroom signs are a wonderful idea. I'm going to whip some of those up for my daughter for her boy's bathroom for Christmas - great idea!!!

connorandmaddiesmom said...

adorable idea, any chance you might be selling or offering the printable versions? I have photoshop, just no clue how to use it!
Thanks
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

I love the inspirational art work! And your color choices!
Featuring you on my favorite finds today :)

Carri said...

I love this! So cute!

http://carriscraftingcorner.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails