Saturday, April 24, 2010

I told a little fib...

I promised myself and my girlfriend Krysta that I was not tackling anymore projects until this little pile was all done.

projects pile

I lied.

When Krysta was here, she got after me for having unfinished projects,  mainly unfinished scrapbooks.  That is what this little table is.  We set it up in my newly decorated room to get my behind a gear.  I stare at this table every night when I go to sleep, but I have yet to complete the projects. I thought if it was out I would get it done.  I don't know what my problem is. 

Last night, when I went to bed I said to myself, "Self, you are working on those projects tomorrow."  Yet today, I find myself puttering around and now doing a post.

I really am going to work on it right after I finish this.

This is the project I tackled yesterday.

yellow

How did I come up with this?

If I could only explain the inner workings of how my brain worked... and I would tell you.  That is a post all on it's own. 

I basically was trying to tie up some loose ends in my laundry room.  (see, I am trying to finish things)

I made this little diddy to go on a wall in my laundry room, but it turned out so cute that I decided I wanted it where I would see it more. 

Dry Erase board

Now it is on my laundry room door, which can be seen in my kitchen and my laundry room.

I found the idea here.

My sister recently made one also.

I just made it suite my needs a little more. 

It is a dry erase board for my week.

I used rub-ons for the days of the week.

m-f board

I added more letters for a place for notes. (ie: grocery items, projects ideas, thought that are running through my brain)

notes

I found the frame at Hobby Lobby on clearance, and painted it

 YELLOW.  Why Yellow?

I have been wanting to add yellow to my space for quite some time.

I wanted Stella's room to be yellow, but she was not having it.

When I got the frame home, I was taking the glass out and a corner of it broke.

It ended up being a happy accident.  I made flowers to cover it up.

FLowers

I used fabric to cover the board and some ribbon as a divider.

Closeup of board

I can't wait to start writing all my to-dos and have them in one place.

Once I saw how cute the yellow was, I had a to add a few more splashes of it.

A little here and there.

And then a re-do on my House Rules so that it would match my new style.

house rules

Last but not least, I added these adorable stitches that I found in Utah at a thrift store.  We had these exact stitches in my kitchen when I was a kid.  I am sure it was some Homemaking project in Relief Society years back.

stitches

I love the look.  I wish you could see the texture of them.  They are really awesome.

stitch closeup

Did I finish my laundry room you ask?

Yes, I just shopped the house and added a few things here and there.  I also got a new curtain in there that I can't wait for you to see.  That's for another day.

I am now off to tackle some paper scrapbooking.  AHH!! Okay.  Maybe I am scared. It has been a while since I have broke out the paper mess.  Yes, that is what it is.  A little fear.  I am off to knock out the fear.  Wish me luck!!

I have linked up to Show and Share Day at Just a Girl!!

5 comments:

Carry Grace said...

I really like how practical and pretty this is. The yellow is great!

Alison Woods said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

Darling! You're gonna laugh, but the stitched frames are my favorite! How fun that you had similar ones in your home growing up. That's awesome.

Kudos, on the project. Check that one off. :)

Krysta said...

I love how that turned out! The yellow is so fun. I've been wondering if you've got to your laundry room yet. Can't wait to see pics. Did you get over your fear of paper scrapping?? I think you should do whatever makes you happy!

Jenn said...

I am lovin' the yellow! On your "House Rules List", did you just type out your rules on the computer and then attach it to a board? I am needing to do a project like that soon!
Have a wonderful day!
Jenn

Related Posts with Thumbnails