Saturday, August 1, 2009

Here they are...

The Girls room is not completely finished, but I just couldn't wait.  So let's start with the Girls first.  Oh... it is so girly!!

Girls room

The picture frames on the wall will eventually have pictures in them.  I am just waiting for the little munchie to arrive so that I can snap some of the two girls together.

This room has a lot of furniture in it, but babies need a lot of stuff.

Room Girls

I still haven't finished the cover for the changing table.  I need to finish that, and sew some new bows on the baby bumper.  That also means getting my sewing machine out, and I just haven't been in the mood.  Maybe Monday.

Stella

A close-up of Stella's bed.  I ordered the vinyl lettering from Scribble It, my favorite vinyl company.  It was so easy to apply. 

I made the curtains from a $3 white sheet and ribbon that I already had.  The tie backs are glass knobs from The Hob, and I found the rod there for $5.  Right above the window molding are two little birds that are vinyl.  Cammi from Scribble It through those in as a bonus.   

I think they look great by the homemade chandelier that I made from an old bird cage that I had.  It has a light, and also some white Christmas lights.  To complete it some pink glass balls, and a pink candle.  I think I spent about $12 for this project.   Oh... and her bed was a steal at the store that I hate and would rather not mention,  hmm mmm, walmart.   I got it for a mere $100.

I already had her quilt, and found the sheets at Target.  Then I couldn't believe it when I found the other 2 polka dot pillows at TJ's.  I made the throw and chenille pillow from an old robe that I found at an Antique store.  I added the trim also found at an Antique store, and the vintage pin.

Vanity

Okay, so here is the Vanity that I picked up for $40 at an Antique store.  It has the cutest glass knobs on it.  I hope to find a stool for her.  The mirror was FREE from a friend.  The lamps were a steal at an Antique store,  $16 for 2.  They are old milk glass lamps.  (are you beginning to think that I love Antique shopping? well I do...) 

The Recliner?  I know?  It is a must when nursing a newborn.  So it will stay.

Tessa

...and here is my sweet baby Tessa's bed.  I hope she likes it.  The crib is the same we have had with all the kids.  The bedding was FREE from my dear friend Kara.  Isn't it adorable?

Welcome

This is what you see when you walk in .  I had almost of all of this, so I just put together to make a nice WELCOME.

Dream copy

Sweet Dreams Girls!!

 

14 comments:

Tara said...

I love the colors!!! What a fun perfect little place for your girls. I bet Stella can't wait till Tessa can stay up giggling with her at night. :)

Alesa Larsen said...

Arkansas has great antique stores. It is one of the things I miss most about the midwest. The room is adorable.

Pam said...

adorable like always!! but it looks like you are working way too hard!!

Emily said...

These rooms are adorable! You have done a great job decorating them, and on a great budget! I LOVE Walmart BTW. Love it so much! HONESTLY.

You are TOTALLY nesting. :) It's nice to have all the "preparing for baby" projects done in time. Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy. :)

Krysta said...

I love both of the rooms. They couldn't have turned out any better! You definately need to relax now. Enjoy your break from all of your hard work!

Savanna said...

Andrea you are SO talented! The rooms look SO good. They are both adorable. I am getting anxious to get my kids' decorated, but I am now waiting for baby #3 and since we aren't finding out what the gender is I have a while to wait, but you have me some good ideas to start "collecting". :) I am way impressed. It all looks so cute!

Brunson's said...

You did a great job. I love them both. Stella will be such a great big sister. i am sure she is so excited.

Jaron said...

Ugh, I am exhausted just by looking at pictures of all you've been doing!! But the rooms look fabulous! Jaron always asks me why it is I can remember what I paid for any item in our house but I can't remember what he told me last night. Nice to know I'm not alone! ;-)

Pam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dave and Lindsay said...

Way cute! I love both of the rooms! And I agree with you, very feminine and very masculine! Too complete opposites, yet they both fit perfectly! By the way, I deleted the previous comment because I accidentally made it under mom's name.

Christal said...

How sweet! I LOVe the idea of using the old robe for vintage pillow and throw! Good job.

Alison Woods said...

I love it! You are such an awesome decorator and I love all of the deals you find! Good job!

Jasons girls said...

Happy 5th Birthday Stella !!!!

Tara said...

Cute new blog, Andrea! I was glancing through your digi scrapbook -- it makes me miss it! I need to carve out some time for that fun stuff. I hope you are all well! I miss you. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails