Friday, January 29, 2010

{Blessings}

Sunday was my blessing day.

Tessa Blessing

That means I got to get all dressed up in this beautiful white dress.

Tess copy

It was made by my Great Grandmother Louise.  My mother wore it on her blessing day.  My sister Stella also wore it.

Mt. Loafer 2004 004  

Stella Grace Swenson September 2004

These pretty little booties were also my mothers.

DSC_0947

My blessing was given to me by my father, Jonathan.

dad

A blessing is given to you by someone who holds the priesthood. 

Priesthood

My blessing was to give me a name,

Tessa Mae Swenson

My father also granted me blessings that I will receive throughout my life if I am obedient to Heavenly Father's teaching.

kiss two

There were many things he blessed me with.  One in particular that I would be a virtuous daughter of God.

I got lots and lots of kisses on my blessing day.

Mom kiss

Kiss Mommy

I know that my Heavenly Father loves me, and that I am one of his special children.

He sent me to a family that loves me.

Family

Families are a blessing.

Photos taken by Krysta Moes.

11 comments:

Krysta said...

What a sweet little girl she is!!

Now that I see that picture of Stella, I don't think they look that much alike anymore. Maybe she does look more like Isaac...or just her cute self!

Have a safe trip!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful little girl!

The Dooley Family said...

simply beautiful! I love how you made the dress her own with that headband!

Dave and Lindsay said...

She is so stinking cute!! I wish we could have been there for her blessing!

Jamie said...

You make me cry. Every time.
Your little family is beautiful:)

Brunson's said...

She is such a cutie. She is a Swenson she has that little Swenson nose. I think she does look like that little Issac I came and held at the hospital. Glad to see you all doing good. Take Care!

ATLAS Academy said...

Oh my! She is just so precious. Love the pictures - good job, Krysta!

Tara said...

What beautiful pictures! And a beautiful family, and a gorgeous baby. You are blessed! :)

Lorinda said...

She looked beautiful! I hope it was a special day...as I'm sure it was.

Jerald and Lorene said...

Grandma and Grandpa think she is beautiful! Our family is so blessed!

melissa said...

I would have loved to have been there for her blessing and kissed her up. I'm feeling sorry for my self that Tessa and I haven't met! She is so special and beautiful.

Related Posts with Thumbnails