Monday, December 21, 2009

Sick Day at Holiday House

Jonathan and I had a movie night last night.  It was interrupted late into the evening with Jex crying "help" from his bedroom.  He was loosing his dinner.

It wasn't long after that Jonathan started doing the same.  I have sequestered them both to my bedroom.  They are not allowed to come out.  Sure... I am still playing mommy to both of them, but I am avoiding the plague at all costs. 

I will have to make a jaunt to the store for more clorox wipes, hand sanitizer, and lysol.  Oh.. and some lotion for my overly washed hands.

I have been thinking about some of my favorite Christmas trinkets when I was a girl.  I loved when my parents would pull out all the Christmas boxes.  There were a few things in there that were very special, and I couldn't wait to see each year.  One was silver bells that played the song, "Silver Bells."

I think my kids have the same feelings.  I wanted to share a few of our favorite Christmas Treasures.

Ornaments

Every year, I give the kids an ornament.  They get so excited when we pull them out.  They want to talk about each one.

Kids reading

Our Christmas books are also very special.  They love reading them.  We try to read one each night.  I also found a new place to house them this year, check this out:

Books

I found this little beauty at a thrift store.  It was painted green so I spray painted it black.  When I was almost finished, I found that it was numbered and stamped.  I looked it up, and it is worth $250.00.  Did I really just paint this?  Oh well, I love it.  It houses magazines when it is home to our Christmas books.

Nutcrackers

The kids also love our nutcrackers, and really enjoy playing with them.

 

Santa's watch is very special.  It helps Santa have enough time to make it all over the world.

Santa's Watch2

This is our newest addition.  It is our bubble light night light.  This was more for me.  We had bubble lights on our tree when I was a girl.  Just a little bit of nostalgia for myself.

Bubble Light

My kids have their treasures, however my favorite happens to be:

Fireplace

My Fireplace and Mantel.  I love decorating it.  What did I do before I had a fireplace mantel?

A few close-ups:

Mantle

mantle2

Well, I better go... Stella just lost her lunch.  AHHH!!! I hope this day ends soon.

Happy Holidays

  from the sick Holiday House 

2 comments:

Krysta said...

So cute! I love all of the pictures. I'm sorry you are having a sick day. Not fun. But your house looks fun! I want a Santa watch and the little candy cane jar on your mantle. I want to know about the little picture tower by your Nutcrackers. I want one of those too!

Tara said...

I'm loving having a mantle, too!! It makes me happy to see similarities between my own and yours w/ decor - makes me feel like I'm on the right track. :)
I hope everyone is getting better! I think you're amazing for being able to blog with a new baby, sick hubby, sick kids, and Christmas only 3 days away! Way to go!

Related Posts with Thumbnails