Monday, December 21, 2009

Homemade Treat week at Holiday House

We had a nice weekend here.  We finished up all of our treats.  Here is what we made the rest of the week:

Cherry Candy

24 oz.  Cocktail Peanuts

1 1/4 C. chunky peanut butter

2 12oz pkgs.  milk Chocolate chips

48 Large Marshmellows

2 cans of Cherry Frosting

Chop peanuts fine

Microwave 1 pkg. choco chips with 1/2 peanut butter add 1/2 chopped nuts and spread on a big cookie sheet and place in freezer

Melt Marshmellows and frosting in the microwave and spread on top of chocolate and place in freezer

Melt the other half of chocolate chips and peanut butter and add the other 1/2 of the nuts.  Spread on top of frosting and place in the freezer.

Carmels

1 cup butter

2 1/4 cups brown sugar

1 C. light corn syrup

1 14oz. can of Sweetened Condensed Milk

Dash of Salt

Combine ingredients in a heavy pan.  Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.  Keep at a rolling boil and cook until soft ball forms in cold water(about 15 minutes).  Pour into buttered 7x11 in pan.  Cool and then cut into squares wrap each piece in wax paper.

Cookies

This is my favorite cookie recipe.  I just stumbled upon it.  My husband finally shared his secrets with me.  I stumbled upon it in my hubby's wallet.  It is an old wrinkled piece of paper from his mission.  He used to make these in his in the mission field, and they are tasty.

I divided the dough in 1/2 when I was finished and added mint chips to half, and toffee chips to the other half.  YUMMO!!  But you know how I love a good cookie.

2 1/4 C. flour

1 t. baking soda

1 t. salt

Sift those together.

Mix:

1 C. butter

3/4 c. brown sugar

3/4 C. white sugar

1 t. vanilla

2 eggs

Once mixed add the dry ingredients one cup at a time.  Then add the chocolate chips.

Bake at 350 for 9-11 minutes.

Then we piled them all on to nice plates.

plate

Then we covered them up, and tied a bow around them.

Goodies

and attached this little picture, and delivered them to our neighbors.

homemade

Homemade treat week is definitely a new tradition.

2 comments:

Sheffer's said...

Thanks for the caramel recipe. I've been wanting to make some but I can't find my family recipe that I usually use. They turned out great. Seeing your decorations makes me even more anxious to get into a bigger place so I can actually decorate for the holidays. :D

Krysta said...

I am definitely stealing the plate idea with the picture next year. So fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails