Wednesday, November 25, 2009

One Month and Twenty Minutes...

So I find my self stealing away twenty minutes through out my day.   Case in point: I am stealing twenty minutes of good sleep from myself right now by finishing this post.

However, I promised myself that I would find Twenty minutes every day to record something good about my life.  It could be something simple as just taking a picture, but I am going to find some time for me.  Even if it is just 20 minutes.

Twenty minutes somehow consecutively add up to make an entire day.  Twenty minutes to play a game, read a story or put someone to bed.  Twenty minutes to finish my hair, mop the floor or fold laundry.

The majority of my twenty minute increments goes to nursing a baby.  Most of the time that twenty minutes is doubled.  Then twenty minutes to play and change a diaper, and then twenty more to rock her to sleep.   Sometimes it is; "Hurry! she will be up in twenty minutes what needs to be done?"

I realized that when I was younger and had one and maybe even the second baby I hurried those twenty minutes along.  Today, I was grateful to sit and enjoy that time.  Rocking, thinking, looking and savoring the moments.

It was then that I realized I would rather spend my twenty minutes doing this, then folding laundry.

Tessa 1

Isn't she beautiful.  She is one month old already.  If you think of that in twenty minute increments it seems she has been with us for so much longer.

8 comments:

Emily said...

What a cutie! Love her dress!

Pam said...

grammy needs to hold her!!

Krysta said...

I'm with you on the 20 minutes. Right now, I am stealing 20 minutes of my sleep to read my e-mail and a couple of blogs. Maybe in the next couple of days I will steal another 20 minutes and do my own post. I like your idea of recording something everyday. I've been trying to do the same thing.

Tessa is gorgeous and already seems so grown up. I can't wait to see her in the next couple of days!

lorraine said...

Sure is a cutie Andrea!

Lorinda said...

Love you all!

Tara said...

Time is flying by - I tried to snuggle Addie into my arms tonight as I tucked her in, and she just didn't fit the same way. I almost started crying. (trust the holidays to make you sleep deprived enough to cry at silly things!) :) Thanks for your 20 minutes.

Darlene said...

She is beautiful!! It's hard to believe she's a month old already. You all look well and I'm glad you're able to steal 20 minutes to update everyone :).

melissa said...

She looks so different with her eyes open, like Stella with them closed, but just like herself with them open. What a cutie.

Related Posts with Thumbnails