Saturday, December 5, 2009

A little R&R

As you all know, my best friend had a little baby girl nine days before me.  It was killing me that I hadn't seen her.  I also needed a little time to re-group and enjoy time for me.

....So that is what I gave to myself for Christmas.  With the help of a few friends and a wonderful hubby.

I hoped on a plane and made the journey. 

Krysta was just as excited as I was.  So here I sit at her kitchen table reconnecting with my much neglected blog, and chatting it up with my best friend.

Can I just say a vacation with your best girlfriend is GOOD FOR THE SOUL!!

We have loved spending time doing the mommy stuff.  It has been nice to have someone to share it with.  The girls have been on the exact same schedule the whole time.  We are feeding, rocking and enjoying free time all at the same time.

Of course, Tessa and Ady would be on the same schedule since we are so much alike.

I have already learned new tricks and have felt inspired since I have been here.

DSC_0157

I love this pillow and can't wait to make one.

It is so fun to be here during the holidays.

DSC_0163 copy

My top 3 so far have been:

1. Laying the girls on the floor by each other, and inspecting them.

2. Nursing and laughing with my best friend.

3.  Having someone to shop with and listening to her opinion.  ... and knowing that we have the same taste.

It also snowed here, but if any of you know me you would know that I HATE snow.  Luckily it was just for a minute, and didn't stick.

DSC_0153

Coming here has felt like coming home for the Holidays.  You are always at home when you in a warm and cozy space with people you love.

DSC_0149

I will fill you in on all our adventures when I get home.  Now, I am off to have a little more time for me. 

Merry Christmas Self!!!

3 comments:

Tara said...

What a treat!!! I'm so glad you get a little wonderful Andrea time -- you've certainly earned it. Have a lovely early Christmas!! :)

Dave and Lindsay said...

I am grateful for the long update...I enjoyed reading all of it! I cannot believe that little Tessa is already rolling over...she is too little! I am also glad that you were able to go to Texas and have some you time! What a great blessing! I hope you and Tessa have a safe trip back home! Love you and miss you!

Krysta said...

Please don't go!!!!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails