Thursday, August 20, 2009

I will have my cake and eat it too!!

All three of our kids have August birthdays.  It is so hard to keep up with it all.  I made the mistake of creating a cake tradition, and it must live on.  So to keep it simple(if you can call it that) here is how our birthday cake tradition went this year.

"Hey, kids come pick out a small cake that mom can make for our cake and icecream party."

"What part about small did you miss?"

"3 cakes in one day is a lot, so lets keep them small."

This is when I got those looks like WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?  They have never been small before, so why now?

Once we went back and forth, they all seemed satisfied except for Stella bean. 

I couldn't listen to her go back and forth any longer so I chose, and incorporated some of her ideas, and I have to admit that it is my fault that it turned out so big.

So this year our cake tradition consisted of:

One day to celebrate all.

With a few family and friends.

3 SMALL cakes.  hmm mmm

3 happy birthday songs

3 times to blow out candles

SPECIAL SPECIAL SPECIAL for all.

DSC_0035

Jex with cake

Mr. Seven year old with his requested ninja turtle.

DSC_0036

Stella with cake

A cake fit for a queen with as many of her ideas as I could include.  This girl can dream.

DSC_0040

A train for the little boy who is in love with Thomas.

I will let the pictures tell the rest of his story.

isaac with cake

I waited all day to see this train up close.

concerned

Why are all these people looking at me?  I am getting concerned.

cry if I want too.

I am feeling the embarrassment.  How should I handle this?

Cry

It's my party... and I will cry if I want too.

I have to give a shout out to Luanne who helped me make these cakes as beautiful as they are.  Thanks Lu.

8 comments:

Eileen said...

I am completely speechless! You are now officially "Mother of the Century!"

You do cakes too!? Tell me just one thing you DON'T do. Please.

You do know I wish I was you. Don't you?

KW said...

No wonder you are on bed rest!!! You are just too much sometimes, that is why I love you, but I decided long ago to never try and live up to the things you do, instead just make you do them for me. HA HA

Emily said...

What a cutie Issac is! That is just adorable!

OK woman, you are now the cake lady! What ever happened to buying a cake? I did that this year! :) I found one at a bakery that was less than the ingredients for the chocolate cake I make every year! (The icing alone for the cake I make is around $11 in the recipe) I thought David would be disappointed (my kids don't care) but he was totally fine with it!

I'm buying cakes from now on. If I enjoyed baking more, it would be a different story.

Way to go. Seriously. You could make wedding cakes. Stella's cake rocked.

Honestly.

Dave and Lindsay said...

Okay all of those pictures are priceless!!! I love Jex's missing teeth, way cute! And then Stella's face, so excited about getting "her" cake! That cake is amazing by the way, they all are! And then the story telling of Issac's pictures. Those crying pictures are so sad, yet he is still adorable. And yes I agree with Kristin, no wonder you are on bedrest, take it easy from now on!!!

Leila said...

Wow. Awesome. Your family is darling and so are you.

Jaron said...

Very creative! Isaac is hilarious. I can't believe how much he looks like Jex in those pictures! Great cakes, Andrea! You are a TROOPER to make all those in one day!

Tara said...

If those are your SMALL cakes, then you could probably get people to pay you good money to make them a BIG cake. :) What a fun day! I love the pics of your kids - they are beautiful.

Krysta said...

Wow!!! Those cakes are AMAZING! Isaac looks so cute.. I love his many faces.

Related Posts with Thumbnails