Thursday, August 20, 2009

More Birthday Celebrations… Jex’s Day

Putting the kids days together have seemed simple this year.  It is blogging about them that has taken some time for me to get to.

Jex’s birthday was one week ago, and I think that it is high time that I shared his celebrations. 

We shared a nice mommy and son night the night before.  We shared a plate of fries and dessert at chili’s and then headed off to do some toy shopping.

He too got breakfast in bed.  He picked Skinny pancakes.  They are my kids favorite.  They are actually just crepes rolled up with syrup and powdered sugar.  Heck! Let’s just share the recipe.

Skinnies(what my kids call them)

1. Cup flour

1/2 C. milk

1/2 C. water

1 egg

1 t. salt

1/4 C. melted butter

Add all the ingredients together and whisk.  Dump 1/4 C. on a hot skillet and roll the skillet around to spread the batter thin.   Cook on each side for 1-2 minutes.  Add syrup and powdered sugar and roll them up.  Your kids will go crazy.  It is one of my favs too.

Okay …. I got sidetracked.  This is Jex’s day.  After the breakfast he spent time doing things he loves; watching tv and playing the computer.  I try to limit both activities, but I did not on his day.  Then we went to….

icecream

Coldstone once again.  I think this is our new tradition.  The kidslove trying what every one else got.

After that it was more of his favorites.  He watched a movie, and Stella and I made cookies.  Jex requested Ginger Snaps.

Stella helped me set his special table scape.  It looked like this….table

Here is the whole view…

Table 2

The kids love when I light the candles.

Jex picked Homemade french fries, and bratwursts for dinner.  I know I know… brats.  It’s a boy food.  After dinner we sang and while we sang he…

smile  

laughed.  Isn’t he so adorable… he is missing his two front teeth.  He tried hard to…

blow candles

Blow out his Candle.  He did well considering the missing teeth.  After dinner it was time for…

gifts

Gifts.  Thanks to those who thought of the kids this year. 

The night ended for me with a huge smile as I watched him…

Jex Reading Card

Reading his own Birthday cards.

One last surprise was when he immediately left and went fishing with his dad.  He had a great night.

4 comments:

Karin said...

Can I just say, that I want to be you!(: I think you are the funnest most awesome mom. And seriously, next time you visit Utah, I will hire you to come and decorate my house. I've always felt pretty good about my house, until I see yours. You just do such an awesome job! You seriously make me want to be a better mom!!!(:

Michelle said...

What a great day! I love birthdays your style! :)
Copied the Skinnies recipe to try sometime. . . .
Happy BD, Jex!

Krysta said...

He looks so cute with his missing teeth!

Krysta said...

Oh yeah...Brats is one of Jake's fave's too. It's definitely a boy food!

Related Posts with Thumbnails