Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Nesting...

I always nest at the worst possible time.  It seems to be between 22-28 weeks.  Which actually does me no good because by the time I have the baby, it's disorganized again.

I tend to work on my nursery, and other household projects during this time.  Right now, I have been organizing closets, planning bedrooms, and making a play area.

It seems like every time we add to our family, I have new spaces to create.  Jex and Isaac will soon be sharing a room.  Stella and Baby Girl will be together as well.  That means Jex and Stella will be loosing their space since 2 babies will be napping at some point.  So..... I created this lovely little room in our Reading Area.Living Room 5

I hated to give up this space but it seemed much more useful to the kids, and since they love to play where I am it makes it very convenient when I am on the computer, or in the kitchen.Living Room 3

I have re-purposed our bookshelf as toy storage.  I am also in love with the Bins that I snatched up at Ikea.  What do you think? Book Shelf copy

So now when you walk in to my living room you see this:

Living Room 2

Isn't it Cozy?LIving Room 1

It is so funny because Jonathan and I actually like it better.  Toys in our living area; WHO KNEW? 

So.. I am enjoying mixing it up a bit.  I love taking something I already have and switching it around.  It adds a whole new life to an old space.  Well really not that old; but it was a good change.

Bye Bye Old Spaces....The Great Room

If you remember it used to look like this:The Reading Nook

Happy Nesting!! and playing in your new space.

6 comments:

Alison Woods said...

I love it! Can you come help me decorate my house? You're awesome!

Dave and Lindsay said...

It looks good!! Hope you guys had a good time in Texas.

Krysta said...

I love it! It looks better than I even pictured it. Great job!!!

Pam said...

it looks great! Isn't it fun to organize!!

Anonymous said...

looks wonderful, andrea!!

Donna's Next Chapter Art said...

You have such an eye for decorating!

Related Posts with Thumbnails