Monday, February 9, 2009

{Weekend Warriors}

Jonathan had two days off in a row this weekend.  TWO DAYS people! TWO!!  So... what did we do?

PROJECTS.  of course projects.

Our laundry room serves so many functions, but it has not been functioning properly.  One reason being that it houses our pantry.  See below.  When we bought  this house it did not have a pantry, and definitely not enough storage for food.  We added it to our concessions, and had the builder do it.  However, the only place was here, in the laundry room.  And they left us with  OPEN SHELVING... January 2009 002 yes you saw right they are open. Completely open.  OPEN to a one year old.  Did I already say OPEN?  Now, you might be saying what is wrong with that?

1.  it is not very appealing to the eyes

2. it makes you hungry.  every time I walk by I would like a snack.

3. my kids think it is free game(snacks last about 2 days around here.)

4. oh, and the kids friends think it is free game too.

This room also functions as a laundry room.  Which is what it was designed for, and I must say it does that real well.  I have never had a room this size to do laundry in.  I love that when I bend over(yes, bend over... I don't have one of those fancy dryers that is top loading) to put the laundry in the dryer my bottom doesn't hit the wall behind me.  Even better, I am not doing laundry in our kitchen; like in our first house.  And even better then that, I am not doing it on my front porch and hanging it out to dry.  I did this for two years while living in the Caribbean.  To make a long story short, I have nothing to complain about in the department of laundry doing.  This room is amazing for that purpose.

However, because it's 3rd function is a dumping ground; the items dumped seemed to get in the way of the laundry doing.  Coats, shoes, gloves, scarves, backpacks, purses and bags; all dumped here.  

Laundry Room

Before

This weekend we fixed all these problems.  I painted the lower part of the wall white.  My amazing husband put up a beautiful molding around the middle of the room.  Then we hung expensive hooks, because we both liked those hooks best.  Then the best part of all, we made that ugly pantry disappear. 

After

Laundry Function Out of sight

I love walking in to this room from the garage.  Now this room is better serving all it's functions; and it is pretty to.

One last project this weekend.  We painted the breakfast book.  What do you think?  Do you like the color?January 2009 016

Hahaha.  It is only primer.  Breakfast nook reveal to come soon. 

Ahh... I am tired.  What a weekend.

13 comments:

Cyndi said...

You are better than Martha Stewart!! You need to have your own show & magazine. I love looking at your blog to see what new projects you're working on. You're one talented gal:) I need you to come to my house!

Krysta said...

I love it! It turned out better than wonderful!

I can't wait to see the kitchen.

Michelle said...

Very nice! Good job. What does Isaac think?

Emily said...

Love the laundry room! And secretly,I really thought you were painting the dining room pink . . .and then I thought, "what the heck? This is SO NOT Andrea" and then I read the end.

Phew.

I can't wait to see the actual color!

Casey Moes said...

Nice--I'm glad to see Jonathan was able to use his tools from Thanksgiving. FUN!

Jasons girls said...

Looks great !!! I miss projects

Stephanie & Brad Bishop said...

What a great looking room! Makes you want to spend all day doing laundry!

I have a "blogger" question that I hope you can answer. Ever since I changed my layout to WIDE, I cannot get short video clips to load. I noticed that you had posted some. Is there any trick?

The Coburn's said...

So Cute!! Everything looks so nice. I love your hooks, that is exactly what I need to clean up my laundry room.

Your house is Beautiful!!!

Tara said...

Whew! That's a ton of work for one weekend! I hope you get a nap! Can't wait to see the breakfast nook.

Jaron said...

You busy, busy bee! I can't believe how different the laundry room looks with the white half wall. It looks great!

Leila said...

Wow. I am embarrassed to admit that the "before" picture looks WAY better than my laundry room. Your "after" shot looks like a room I could read a book and drink some nice hot cocoa in. Very pretty.

Brock and Kimber said...

I love all of the fun projects that you do. I can't wait to see your nook finished!!!

Patty said...

Ohh Andrea I was worried about the pink for about 1 second. I'm relieved. Of course you wouldn't make a bad color choice. My guess is RED. cranberry or dark red. That would be so you. Everything looks amazingly great.

Related Posts with Thumbnails