Wednesday, February 4, 2009

What does your husband DO?

Almost everyday someone asks me "What kind of doctor is your husband?"

I say, " A Physiatrist." 

They say, " Oh, he works with FEET!" 

"No, actually that is a Podiatrist"... I repeat for the one hundredth time.  "Physiatrist's are also be called Rehabilitation Doctors, or you may hear PM&R (which means Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.)"

For those of you wondering just what kind of residency my husband is doing, click here.  It will tell you all the details, or you may be satisfied just knowing the few details that I shared.

Now you know, he does not work with feet!!! 

I am sure you will all sleep better tonight now that I have cleared that up. 

Don't get me wrong, Podiatry is also a great field.  ... but now you know, and you don't have to wonder any more.  I know you think about it all the time.  haha.

The Physiatrist

I walked in to the kitchen the other day, and saw this.  It took my breath away.  My hard working man soaking up more knowledge about his profession.  The road to becoming a doctor is so long, and so much work.  We are so proud of you!!  We love you...

5 comments:

Alison Woods said...

You'll be getting that always! Nobody seems to know what an ophthalmologist is either. :)

Christal said...

This is a cool picture!

Katie said...

Randy signed a receipt at a store the other day that sold flooring all dressed in his paint stained, ripped jeans work clothes and the clerk joked with him saying, "Wow, with that handwriting what are you, a doctor? Randy kind of paused and said, "Well, yeah I am actually." It was pretty funny. He's always trying to skirt around the question of "So what do you do for a living?" because he feels like people have preconcieved notions of what doctors are like and he just wants people to think of him as any regular guy. It is quite comical how his signature changed by the end of his first year of residency because we have such a long last name and he signs it time after time all day long.

Krysta said...

I love that picture of Jonathan!

Emily said...

What a great picture! It says so much! I always find David reading some kind of medical related material and I'm like, TAKE A BREAK. Read something fun for once! But secretly, I think it's great. And I like it. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails