Wednesday, December 10, 2008

In my Dreams...

Since taking the class, Stories in Hand from Jessica Sprague.  I am making an effort to write down more of what I am really feeling.  I wanted to make it goal to write for at least 15 minutes a day.  That hasn't happened yet, but I might get there.  So... here is one of those random weird posts that will let you take a peak into those strange thoughts that ramble around in my brain.AP071107036908_450

The other night, I was sitting, staring at the magic box we turn on for mindless entertainment.  As I scrolled through the guide, I was pleased when I stumbled upon the CMA awards on CMT.  Yes, I am a country girl at heart.  I grew up listening to country, and I just can't shake it.( You can love me for it, or hate me for it, but it is not going to change it.)  I was even more thrilled when the next performer was Kid Rock(did I really just say that out loud?)  He is not my favorite singer, but I like the beat of his new song. It was fun to see him perform it. I must have had the dumbest smirk on my face as I sat there.  I enjoy turning my brain off, and having an evening all to myself.  No brain, no thoughts, no deadlines or time constraints;  just smiles, and time for me.

So.. I sat there in my dazed state listening to each performer.  Every year, I sit there with that same feeling in my heart; secretly wishing(I guess it isn't a secret anymore) that I could be a singer.  I would love to stand on that stage and belt out a number.  AP071107036650_450 Could someone at least let me be there back -up singer?  I think that would suffice.  Yes,  I secretly want to be a country star.  So... there I said it, and I am not really all that embarrassed about it.  Now you know something REAL about

ME!!

6 comments:

Krysta said...

That's fun! That's the ONE thing I don't have the same taste as you in, but I still love you for it!! :)

Jasons girls said...

I sing out loud (probably close to scream out loud) with the one and only Martina McBride !!!

Michelle said...

Awesome.
I love this post, Andrea.

Eileen said...

I LOVE IT! Way to be yourself!!!

Christal said...

Hee-hee! How fun...I can totally see you on stage at the Grand Ol' Opry! As for me....I think in another life I will be a hippie..peace and love, baby!

The Adamson Chipmunks said...

Remember back in the day when we did have time to stand on a stage and belt out a song? Remember singing in front of the whole school on numerous occasions? A lot has changed! I also have the same desire in my heart--only I want to be on Broadway! Oh, well, I gave up that dream to fulfill my other dreams...but every once in awhile it creeps back in!

Related Posts with Thumbnails