Thursday, October 16, 2008

Spook it up...

Our house needed some spooking up. So... with $10.00, rummaging through what we had, and a trip to the $store here is what we came up with:
We made the pumpkins and cats from scrapbook paper, and hung them from our spider-wed covered chandelier. Then we covered some Styrofoam balls in black feathers, and added them to our spooky bowl for a great centerpiece. The windows are adorned with window clings, and spiderwebs. Oh, and you can't forget our place mats($ store)
I already had all this stuff. I just arranged it to bring some life to the bar. I love how colorful it is!Jonathan was on-call last night, and worked a 30 hour shift. I am always looking for a quiet project to do with the kids on that day. They loved this. I got the idea from Krysta to make pumpkins from paper bags. We made a garland out of them, and now they adorn our fireplace mantel.I am not really one to have lots of kid-like craft decorations hanging out too long in the house, but the kids love it. They really love the spiderwebs, and the window clings. They played with these all day. Pretending that they were the pumpkins and bats. It was really funny. I need to do this stuff more, this is what they will remember.

5 comments:

Lacy said...

the paper bag pumpkins are so cute, that is such a great idea!

Krysta said...

I'm glad you did the pumpkins. They turned out so cute! It's amazing what you can do with $10.00when your creative.

Jenny said...

what cute ideas!! We might just have to do the same thing!

Becky said...

I love the paper bag pumpkins! Those are my favorite. What a fun halloween house.

Ashlee said...

Fun! I love all your cute decorations. I still need to decorate for Halloween. I did finally pull out our decorations, so I'm 1/2 way there!

Related Posts with Thumbnails