Saturday, October 18, 2008

I love Weekends...


I absolutely love the weekends. I look forward to waking up with my kids, and not having to be in a hurry to get to school. Breakfast together is so fun, and it doesn't have to be a quick bowl of cereal.

Today, it was Chocolate Chip Streusel Muffins, and Blueberry Smoothies. YUM!! We always use the leftover Smoothie to make homemade popsicles. The kids will enjoy these later today.My kids play so well together, especially on Saturday because they have missed each other so much during the week. There is not much time for play when 8 hours of school are involved. It is such a beautiful sight.

I am enjoying these lazy days of motherhood. There is nothing better then making delicious food for your family, and then hearing them suck the "yumminess" through a straw with pure delight.

The sound of children's conversations when playing pretend warms my heart.

There is only one thing that could make today better. If my darling JB was not working hard at the hospital this morning. My day will be even better when he walks through the door. I can't wait to give him a big hug and smooch!!

5 comments:

Ashlee said...

okay..YUM! I love weekends too. We didn't get up till almost 10:00 today and got to eat yummy biscuits and gravy with our Daddy here! And it's the first weekend in a long time that I haven't had anything on the TO DO list. Just get to play! Wish it was a little warmer though!

Michelle said...

Awesome.
I love the weekends, too. The boys tend to play more "pretend"-type games when there's more time.
And then I don't have to feel bad for poor Hyrum who only has me around usually. :)
Those smoothies look fantastic! Now my mouth is watering. . . .

Colt 'n Tami said...

You are such the super mama!

Donna's Next Chapter Art said...

I not only enjoy the content of your posts but the artwork involved in the presentations... for example the way you photographed the cookies and made the straw pink in your black and white photos. You have some unique talents.

Ann Kerr said...

I liked the pink straw too. Very effective!

Related Posts with Thumbnails