Sunday, June 29, 2008

A Wonderful Sabbath Day!!


We had a nice Sunday. We started out the morning enjoying one another. We have 11:30 church so we have a little bit more time in the morning. It is so nice because Isaac can have a nap before church. The only problem is remembering to feed the kids a small lunch, since we don't get out until 2:30.Jonathan and I spoke in our ward today. We spoke about Obedience. It was a nice reminder of the purpose for commandments and rules. I focused my talk on teaching our children Obedience. It really taught me to think about how the Savior would discipline. I don't think he would "fly of the handle" nearly as often as I do. I learned an important lesson or was reminded of the importance of teaching with Love.
We are beginning to adjust to our new ward. It is always a change. We just came from a really active, and amazing ward. This ward is full of wonderful people, but only 25% of our ward is active. It seems much smaller than what we just came from, but on the other hand is much larger than our small group in the Caribbean. I know that we have purpose in this ward, and will soon find our place. One small lesson that I have learned through all our moves, is that the church is true wherever you go. It is also important to reach out, and put yourself out there. I am beginning to make some connections, and I am enjoying my new calling. My lesson in YW was about how valuable our heritage and traditions are. It is also important to pass on righteous traditions. I had one miamaid today. Hopefully my class will expand.After church, we enjoyed having our neighbor and fellow resident that will work with Jonathan, over for dinner. His wife and daughter are out of town. We enjoyed a nice meal. I made Sanpete County marinated turkey(except I used chicken.) Who would have guessed my kids would scarf that down. Jex had 3 pieces. BTW, Jex is opening up to a whole world full of food possibilities. Everyone told me it would get better as he got older. I didn't believe them, but it really has. This is one aspect that we have settled for using love over frustration, and it has proved positive.

We ended our night with a nice family walk.

Well... just a few thoughts about our day. I hope your Sunday was just as lovely as ours.



5 comments:

Jamie said...

Andrea,
I don't know what to say... your blog is one of my most favorites to look at. You just seem to be such a great mom and your kids are honestly just precious. I can't get over those pictures. You are so talented! I am so happy that you guys are all settled into your new home, it looks gorgeous and I am so glad that you are sharing your pictures with us! I love how your testimony of the gospel just radiates from you! ;)

Calli Potter said...

The pictures look amazing! Great job!

Alli said...

They are way too cute! I have a Nikon D80 but want to get all new gear soon. I just have to talk Mark into it. I guess you always want what you don't have.

Dave and Lindsay said...

It sounds like you had a great Sunday, I wish we could have shared it you with!

Krysta said...

Your pictures are so cute! I'm glad you had a wonderful day. I can't imagine only having one person to teach your lesson too...that would be a little tricky.

Related Posts with Thumbnails