Sunday, June 8, 2008

We are HOME!!

After a very long week, we are settling in to our new home. It has been such a busy time, but exciting none the less. The last weekend in May took us to Massachusetts for Jonathan's graduation from medical school. After a wonderful ceremony (which I will post more about later) and two long flights, one extremely late and one really early, we made it back home Sunday. Then Monday we loaded up the big Penske truck, with wonderful neighbors and friends helping with everything. We could not have done it without them. Thanks to everyone. We already miss you.

Early Tuesday, we made the drive. It was only a 6 hour drive to our new house. It was not too bad. However, after the graduation trip we were all exhausted. Jonathan and I have been working hard to put the house together. We had help from some people in our ward here. We were able to unload the truck, and then even had help putting some furniture together. A wonderful couple here has adopted us as their own. It has been so nice.

Jonathan has done a lot of yard work, and I have been unpacking boxes. Everything is put away except for our desktop computer. Jonathan still has to put the desk together. Pour guy had a lot of furniture to assemble. After that, I will slowly attempt to hang some things on the walls. It is so strange because I couldn't wait to do that when we lived in an apartment, but now I don't want to put holes in the wall unless I am sure I want it there! It will take me some time. It is great to own our own place. Not as over-rated as some say. It really it wonderful. A lot of work, but well worth it. It is such a pay off to live in something so beautiful and spacious.

This week has once again reminded me of how the Lord never forgets about us. He watches after all of us. I don't know why, but he came to our rescue again. He blessed us with wonderful friends that we left, and then people who welcomed us with open arms. It has been a tremendous blessing in our life. I know that you can pray for something, and the Lord answers your prayers most of the time through someone else. I am grateful for people who follow those promptings. Those promptings have blessed our family tremendously. We miss all of our KC friends, and hope to have visits soon.

I am planning on posting some pictures when we get the desktop working. I have so much to share. IT HAS BEEN A BUSY WEEK. I am off to bed, I am exhausted.

10 comments:

Calli Potter said...

I'm so glad to hear that you made it safe and sound! I went out early to say goodbye, and you had already left! We already miss you, and it seems so sad not to have you guys nearby! I can't wait to see the pictures of your new home once you get it all set up (because I know you'll do a fabulous job)!

Alli said...

Thanks for your comment. It is good to hear from you again. So what part of Arkansas do you live in. We are in Tulsa and not to far from the border. I am jealous you are all settled in. We are moving in next week, yuck. Keep in touch k.

Sheffer's said...

Good to hear from you! I'm sure things will calm down this week, now that you're starting to really settle in. Hey--have you tried those velcro strips to hang pictures with? My mom loves them in her new house, so she can move things around and not have holes everywhere! We miss you!

Tara said...

So good to hear from you -- I'm excited to see your pictures sometime soon! Thank heavens for blogs so we can still keep in touch! Good luck hanging pictures - it takes me quite a while, too, but it feels so good to put those personal touches on your home.

Brunson's said...

Hi
So good to hear from you. Taylor asks about you every day and I sure miss you as well. Hope all continues to go well. Wish you could have your new house and still live right by us. Take care and tell the family hi. Just posting this makes me have tears. I hate to see such wonderful friends leaving.

Krysta said...

I'm glad you've gotten a lot done. It's nice to hear how much you love and appreciate your home. You'll love it even more when you have everything put away AND decorated!! I can't wait to come visit!

Fords said...

Yea!! I am so glad that you are all moved in and meeting nice people. I can't wait to see pictures!

Sara said...

I didn't even get to say goodbye! Maybe it is better that way - I HATE goodbyes! Thank you for all of your wonderfulness - I hope to be half as amazing and wonderful as you! Thank you for sharing your wonderfulness with me! Take good care and best of luck to you in your new life chapter!

Jenny said...

How exciting to unpack and make everything your own in a brand new home!

The cutest thing happened the other day at the library. Eli walked up to me holding a book titled, "Arkansas." He asked if that was where Jex was now. Then he checked it out to read all about Arkansas. I just think it's so cute how much he liked Jex in such a short amount of time. :)

Becky said...

So the first day I missed Andrea was...the day after you left. I needed an onion while cooking dinner. :-) We (obviously by everyone's comments already on your blog) miss you guys lots and hate seeing an empty apartment right behind ours! Hope Arkansas keeps treating you right.

Related Posts with Thumbnails